We’re Verblio: a unique content writing startup in Boulder, CO. Content is the foundation of successful customer acquisition marketing for businesses today. And content effectively means time, resources, and talent. Many companies simply can’t compete against the larger players in the new digital marketing era.
That’s where we come in.
By building a network of over 3,000 professional writers, we have the resources for modern businesses to outsource their content needs.
To do all of this, we’ve created a high-performing SaaS startup in Boulder led by a 15-year crowdsourcing industry veteran and staffed by a team of 11 energetic, eclectic startup junkies (degrees on our team range from philosophy, to economics, to Latin American history).
We work hard, have fun, learn a lot, and are proud of our transparent, collaborative culture. We also believe in doing good, and that creating great opportunities for home-based writers is just as important as helping our clients find their next customer.
This year we won our fourth Mercury 100 award as one of the fastest growing companies in the Boulder Valley in the past couple of years, and we’re looking for talented individuals to help us scale to the next level.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We’re looking for someone to join our Revenue team (our marketing + sales team). The Revenue team is currently 3 people + a number of contractors & a marketing agency. We’re responsible for a lot: finding new customers, working with our product, operations, and development team to build new products to serve our customers and monetize them, and other projects to amplify the Verblio brand, improve client retention, and more.
Most of our marketing is digital. We do lots of work with SEO, content marketing, CRO, retargeting, and email marketing. We do some work with digital advertising, social media, and more. We also do some event marketing and will be experimenting with other offline channels like direct mail.
We’re looking for a junior member to help drive projects forward and increase our bandwidth. It’s a small team, and a lean organization, which means you’ll wear lots of hats and get exposure to tons of different marketing and sales initiatives, as well as broader exposure at a rapidly growing startup.
WHAT THIS POSITION IS:
- An amazing opportunity for someone early in their career who is hungry, wants to grow and learn like crazy.
- Mostly marketing, but some sales too (inbound, not outbound—you’ll talk to prospective customers who have questions and do demos...you won’t make cold calls). You’ll need to be comfortable talking with prospects and customers via phone and video calls.
- A great place to take initiative, find stuff you’re passionate about and run experiments to see if it works.
- An awesome place to grow your digital marketing skill set. We live and breathe digital—SEO, content marketing, copywriting, and more.
- Involves some grunt work. You’ll have tons of exposure and the opportunity to own big, important projects, but it won’t all be glamorous.
WHAT THIS POSITION IS NOT:
- A typical 9-5 corporate job. If you’re not in on living and breathing content and want to never think about work outside of the office, this is not the place for you.
- Easy. There’s lots to do, there are big challenges.
- Good for senior-level applicants. If you’re just out of school with a good internship experience or have 1-3 years of experience, you’re in the right ballpark.
- Good for someone with isn’t comfortable with data and entranced by numbers. You’ll need to be comfortable in Excel/Google Sheets, and you’ll need to know or rapidly learn Google Analytics & other digital analytics tools.
- Good for someone who isn’t interested in digital marketing. If you don’t at least know the words SEO, content marketing, retargeting, or paid search—this probably isn’t a good fit.
- Super structured—where you’ll know exactly what you’ll be doing every day, and do the same things each week.
(These are a guide, not a list of absolutes—we evolve and adapt frequently)
- Analytics - basic weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting
- Analytics - ad-hoc question answering & exploration
- Analytics - use heatmaps & FullStory to figure out how the website could be improved
- Data research projects - work with Development team to get info, research customer pages, compile data in helpful way
- Infusionsoft (our CRM & marketing automation system) basic management & upkeep
- Creation & analysis of new email campaigns, newsletters, etc.
- Creation & management of marketing campaigns: i.e. a direct mail campaign
- Creation of content for verblio.com - blog posts or long-form
- Management of social media channels
- Management of website upgrades
- Run & analyze A/B tests on blog CTAs using Sumo (our CTA tool)
- Run & analyze A/B tests on landing pages
- Work with our agencies to manage digital marketing campaigns
- Owner/power user of Pendo/onboarding guides
- 15-minute calls to familiarize sales prospects with Verblio platform/process and answer questions
- Demos of the product to familiarize agency sales prospects with Verblio platform/process
- Content marketing consultations
- Guided Tours, the walkthrough with a customer, 1:1 on video call, how to use the Verblio platform to its most powerful
- Email inbox management, particularly during coupon campaigns
- Research for outbound sales campaigns
- Intercom management & testing (live chat tool)
- Live chat with prospects
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
(And no, you don’t need to check every one of these boxes)
- Search Console
- Excel/Google Sheets
- Other analytics tools—heatmaps, etc.
- Digital Marketing
- Content marketing
- Google Ads (paid search, display, RLSA, other retargeting)
- Facebook Ads
- Content creation of all types: blog posts, longer content, social media, video (scripts?), emails
- Solid grasp on grammar, spelling, editing
- HubSpot Inbound marketing or content marketing certification (could be a fast-follow from hire)
- Experience in CRMs or marketing software preferred
- Nice to have: design experience to whip up quick designs for social media or other content
- Experience giving product demos, sales chat management
- Experience talking on the phone in a sales capacity
- Demonstrates ease and control in 1:1 conversations
- Project management / time management
- Go-getter / willing to dive in and explore and take ownership, even in areas in which you feel you are still learning on your feet
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Passion for digital marketing that goes beyond just “knowing” social media
- Understanding of the importance of accuracy / power of data on business decisions
- Good sense of humor & not afraid to say “I don’t know” and honestly discuss challenges/obstacles
If you’re still interested after all that, we definitely want to hear from you.