Marketing and Events Intern at SonderMind (Greater Denver Area, CO)
SonderMind is redesigning behavioral health to become more accessible, approachable and utilized. We are doing this by building a national, integrated network of behavioral health providers and allowing them to thrive in private practice, while also creating a seamless, technology-enabled experience for consumers to find the best therapist to meet their needs. We were recently voted the #1 Best Place to Work by the Denver Business Journal and are growing rapidly. http://bizj.us/1px5hy. If you enjoy a challenge and being part of a mission with big aspirations, SonderMind may be the place for you.
About this role
We are seeking an amazing part-time (about 20 hours/week) Marketing and Events Intern who will assist in campaigns to help expand our brand awareness into new markets and to support recruitment of therapists to the SonderMind Network. We are looking for someone passionate and dedicated to the field of behavioral health with a background in Marketing, Business, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field. This internship will be located on site at our Denver, CO office and will be responsible for tasks including making inbound and outbound phone calls, sending and responding to communications on behalf of the organization, and learning about an exciting and developing field. This internship is set to begin as soon as able and will continue through the end of the year with the opportunity to extend into 2020 based on performance.
- Support the planning, design, preparation, and execution of at least 15 or more recruitment events
- Manage every step of the event process, including the updating of project plans, engagement activities, runs-of-show, speaking points, vendor coordination, and preparing internal stakeholders for the event
- Research potential vendors and handle contract negotiation communications
- Track assigned industry conference schedules and abstract submission timelines
- Be a point of contact for event communications and inquiries
- Must be at minimum enrolled in sophomore year of college or higher (including graduate school)
- Must possess a high level of professionalism and maturity to complete assignments required with sufficient independence
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Creative and strategic thinker with a willingness to take on challenges, find solutions and try new things
- Proficient using Microsoft Suite (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) and Google Suite (Gmail, Docs, Forms, etc.)
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
NICE TO HAVE:
- Passion for mental health care
- Experience managing events
SonderMind Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.