Head of Public Relations (PR)
The Head of Public Relations provides leadership and direction in creating comprehensive public relations and communications strategies to advance the company's vision and goals among external and internal audiences. This includes: public relations, traditional and non-traditional media relations, internal communications, event planning, community/giving programming, as well as performing as company spokesperson, when needed.
- Work with executive management team and cross functional leaders to establish overall public relations and external communications strategies for the company.
- Strategize and implement public relations and promotional programs to strengthen the Ibotta brand and support the company ́s business goals.
- Work with various departments to develop story angles, thought leadership, and programs that will garner maximum media exposure and attention in both traditional and non-traditional media outlets, on core and emerging business lines for Ibotta
- Develop and manage the appropriate level of resources to ensure maximum exposure and cost efficiency in all communications efforts including service vendors, agencies and staff resources.
- Work with cross functional partners, including HR, Social, and Community teams to enhance exposure opportunities and control larger strategic messaging programs.
- Oversee internal communications efforts, via such channels as the intranet, executive letters, audio/video presentations, and employee events and foster development with HR of proactive and comprehensive communications programs between leadership team and team members.
- Direct public aspect of any issue or crisis, including emergency response communication strategies and implementation. Work closely with safety and security teams to ensure proper plans and programs are in place.
- Oversee strategic event planning, including executive speech/presentation materials, visual presentation to ensure photo opportunity, press relations, scheduling, and key stakeholder wrangling.
- Run the agency evaluation and review process as needed to determine the appropriate partner(s) to drive maximum exposure, thought leadership, and brand positioning effectiveness
- Ensure consistent and appropriate use of the company name and likeness in media commentary, press releases, promotions, partnerships and internal communications.
- Continually research and react expeditiously to internal/external communications needs, providing constant and candid feedback to the Executive Team and HR about potential issues, threats and opportunities.
- Plan, manage and prepare the department's budget.
- At least seven years PR/communications/marketing experience. Previous experience in the Tech, FinTech, or Payments space desirable
- B.A. in Communications, Marketing or related field
- Prior demonstrated writing experience in the areas of newsletters or newspapers is preferred
- Prior media spokesperson experience is preferred
- Proven leadership and motivational skills in developing a cohesive team
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Journalist writing style (AP) knowledge
- Work processing, spreadsheet applications, presentation software and Internet proficiency
- Demonstrated excellence in both verbal and written communications is required. Excellent organizational skills, summarizing abilities, prioritizing skills and developed interpersonal skills are essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work under pressure
- Ability to speak well on camera and under pressure is required.
- Ability to leverage both traditional and non-traditional media opportunities
- Desktop publishing software knowledge
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.