Head of Consumer Research & Insights
Ibotta is looking for a Head of Consumer Research & Insights to be the internal voice of the customer to better inform Ibotta’s product and marketing strategies. This role will establish and build out the research practice at Ibotta, as well as glean key insights by leveraging available user information and conducting new qualitative and quantitative research. This individual will help guide business outcomes in product development, marketing and business strategy through insightful research and analysis.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive strategic insight of customer research programs for our fast-growing consumer-facing brand.
- Act as the internal subject matter expert for the company in understanding our customers, their behavior and motivations.
- Manage priorities and team of researchers working on a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative methods, incl. surveys, market research, market trend analysis, ethnographic studies, CX metrics, etc.
- Partner with our product, marketing, customer support and analytics teams to enrich insights leveraging internal consumer data.
- Analyze statistical research to understand consumer behavior and influences on consumer decisions.
- Provide input and significantly influence the direction of our marketing and product strategies.
- Monitor retail and consumer trends, including competitive trends, and determine implications for our business.
What we are looking for:
- 6-8+ year’s experience leading a customer insights, UX (user experience), and market research function, including prior experience leading a research organization and developing talent
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree strongly preferred
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- UX (User Experience) Research experience a plus
- Broad market research experience in the design of complex research projects
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities, and experience turning insights into action
- Ability to make independent decisions and strong execution ability in a fast-paced environment
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile and has paid out more than $250 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has 23 million downloads and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.