Full Stack Marketing Developer at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
This Full Stack Marketing Developer role will be reporting into the Senior Website Operations and Analytics Manager within our Demand Generation team. You will oversee the technical toolset for Checkr’s corporate, Marketing owned websites. You will be responsible for developing web solutions with best-in-class code that are beautiful, user friendly and will enable the Marketing team to easily leverage our website to drive revenue. You will strategize with our team to determine how our growth and optimization goals can best be achieved. You will keep up with the latest web trends, ensuring our sites are secure, compliant and modern.
- Own our full-stack website toolset, including Wordpress Open Source, Wix, GitHub, Cloudflare and Pantheon
- Build and iterate on CMS features and functionality
- Manage all website environments (Dev, Stage and Prod) and oversee code releases of all sizes
- Establish dynamic landing pages and custom content types that service multiple digital channels
- Integrate our site with a variety of Marketing tools, including Hubspot/Marketo, Clearbit, and Drift
- Partner with cross functional teams to launch new initiatives, often integrating with our product
- Keep on top of technical issues that could impact our site performance, especially for SEO optimization
What you bring:
- 3-5 years experience in a developer or engineer role owning technical web solutions
- Familiarity with APIs and webhooks is a big bonus
- Very comfortable with open source CMS tools (Wordpress is a plus)
- Comfortable developing custom themes
- Familiar with leveraging and customizing plug-ins
- Experience owning website infrastructure, including server settings, security tools, and cache
- Familiar with how Marketing teams utilize websites for demand generation
- You understand what makes for a healthy website at top performance
- You are always learning and enjoy a challenge
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $106,250-$125,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.