Email and Marketing Automation Specialist
Join MakeMusic's team of passionate people looking to make a difference in the world of music technology!
The Email and Marketing Automation Specialist is responsible for creating email campaigns and automated messaging flows that engage, attract, and delight SmartMusic and Finale subscribers. In this role, you will be asked to build dynamic, data-driven emails that are responsive, render across email clients, and meet design expectations. You’ll be an expert in bulletproof buttons and client quirks, and you’ll work with the digital marketing and content teams to design and execute on messaging that serves our subscribers.
We’re looking for someone who will own the user journey and channel messaging strategy for all MakeMusic prospects, subscribers, and customers to drive purchase, retention, and engagement. You’ll have excellent attention to detail and will continuously look for new ways to take our email game to the next level.
In this role, you will:
- Work with digital marketing and content teams in ESP to build automated messaging programs to onboard, nurture, and retain existing customers and subscribers
- Create a robust experimentation program to help us quickly improve our efforts with statistically significant results
- Use personalization to deliver the right message to the right person at the right time based on their persona, preferences, and behavior
- Oversee development, testing, and deployment of responsive and accessible email promotions
- Build and maintain content libraries and templates for re-use in future campaigns
- Build campaigns that support new product launches, existing product upsell and cross-sales, and new market development
- Track, analyze, and report on campaign KPIs with ESP and Litmus analytics, ensuring data integrity across all campaigns and programs
To be successful in this position, you possess:
- Proven expertise and track record of driving revenue through marketing tools to create multi-step lifecycle automation, nurture campaigns, and complex customer journeys
- Experience designing and coding responsive emails with an understanding of the differences between coding for the web and coding for email
- Experience with testing/rendering software and email tools like Iterable, SendGrid, Responsys, etc.
- Strong organizational and project management skills — capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting assigned deadlines
- Self-starter and able to own various initiatives from start to finish
- Interest and enthusiasm for keeping on the leading edge of email development constraints/opportunities
- Ability to execute design direction and be open to feedback
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- 2+ years running marketing automation or customer journeys
- 1+ years of email development experience
Ideally, you also possess:
- Basic understanding of SQL
- Background in marketing for B2C or SaaS
- Background in or passion for music and/or education
Benefits and Perks:
- 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- $1,200/year fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires; increase in PTO at various years of service
- 4 week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of employment
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Dog-friendly office
- Music Studio for all to practice, jam, and record
- On-site workout area access: treadmill, bike trainers, rowers, and full weightlifting gym with CrossFit equipment, with changing rooms and showers and towel service
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships and top-brand gear
- Beautiful North East Boulder, CO location
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust
MakeMusic is an industry leader in interactive music learning, notation software, and virtual instrument technology. MakeMusic joined TrainingPeaks, Alfred Music, and TrainHeroic under the umbrella company Peaksware in beautiful Boulder, Colorado. Peaksware has been recognized as one of Outside Magazine's "Best Places to Work" six times and was voted #15 of 100 on Built in Colorado's "Best Places to Work" list! Through a unique approach to deliberate practice, each company within Peaksware develops software solutions and provides services focused solely on their respective markets to help guide people along their own journey of improvement and skill development.
SmartMusic is an award-winning interactive music software that provides a deliberate practice environment for students in band, orchestra, and choir. With a subscription to SmartMusic, students have unlimited access to the world’s largest accompaniment library for all ages and skill levels, which includes thousands of pieces of music.
Most of the employees at MakeMusic are musicians and are passionate about both the work they do and the products they produce!