Director of Public Relations at ReCharge
This is a new role that will be responsible for developing, leading, and coordinating a PR and communications strategy that creates broader awareness of ReCharge in the ecommerce, finance and tech worlds. We are looking for an individual who has likely been a part of a PR team at a fast-growing tech company and who is seeking an opportunity to make a big impact. This position will report to the VP of Marketing and will work closely with leadership across the organization.What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Develop a communications strategy, from start to finish, to build awareness and engagement within our target audiences (DTC merchants, tech and agency partners, analysts, press, prospective employees, etc)
- Develop an engagement strategy for key media outlets spanning ecommerce, finance, and tech outlets
- Manage and select a PR agency to support your strategy
- Create and deploy media strategies to support launches and other key company announcements
- Build and manage public profiles for the executive team
- Coach and advise the executive team on public speaking
- Identify and secure interviews, byline and contributed articles, and speaking opportunities for members of the ReCharge team
- Proactively pitch the ReCharge story (product, customers, company, and team) to media outlets
- Maintain a regular cadence of media mentions, speaking opportunities, etc. to keep ReCharge top of mind with customers, press, and others
- Identify and complete award submissions
- Develop and edit written materials including plans, press releases, media alerts, fact sheets, and FAQs
- Interact with investors, executives, customers, and a variety of stakeholders
- Track, analyze, and report on the effectiveness of coverage
- 8+ years relevant experience in corporate communications
- Experience owning, or significantly contributing to, a PR and media relations function for a fast-growing, tech company
- A strong set of journalist and editor relationships from the tech/ecommerce press or other relevant media
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to quickly and effectively create succinct talking points across a variety of topics and situations
- Ability to find the bigger and more compelling story in a product launch, piece of data, or company event
- Flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to multitask are essential
- Ability to thrive in dynamic, collaborative environments and a drive to exceed goals
- The resourcefulness to figure out what needs to be done and find ways to make it happen
- Ability to work remotely and a desire to make an impact at a high-growth start-up
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
Since 2014, ReCharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, ReCharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for nearly 30 million consumers. Our remote-first team of 250+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
ReCharge | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.