Director of Product Marketing - Portfolio Marketing at Workiva (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
The Director of Product Marketing - Portfolio Marketing directs and drives the Workiva Marketing team's marketing strategy, messaging, and persona experience. This role is responsible for building an engaged audience and long-term customer relationships with Workiva. This is a highly influential and collaborative role that helps guide and develop all messaging, content, persona strategy, prospect engagement, and sales enablement. The position demands a unique intersection of incredible creativity with the capacity to evaluate and act on performance analysis.
- Collaborate with domain experts and buyers to gain a deep understanding of the market landscape, personas, and solutions
- Develop a compelling, engaging, emotive, and believable narrative for Workiva personas, campaigns, events, and go-to-market initiatives
- Create and deploy a messaging framework for use across specific persona audiences, including internal-, prospect-, and customer-facing material
- Partner with the content, video, creative, solution principals, and demand generation teams to develop content and buyer experiences across key target personas to drive demand, progress pipeline, and influence bookings
- Ensure progress towards and consistency of brand and tone standards
- Work with the demand generation team to improve performance and drive OKRs based on the depth of knowledge across specific personas and the market landscape
- Lead the marketing team to be buyer focused
- Create a clear, strategic, and results-oriented marketing plan that engages our personas and ignites growth for Workiva
- Recommend media and content delivery for audience building, demand generation, and pipeline acceleration
- Collaborate on channel execution recommendations and content distribution tactics, and assist in the identification of new vehicles to reach our audiences and distribute the Workiva narrative
- Collaborate with the solution teams and experts to contribute to the development of the best possible go-to-market position for Workiva personas and solutions
- Contribute to the development and packaging of the whole product
- Work to develop content and communications that make the developed whole product easily understood and accessible by all targeted audience members and buyers
- Build integrated marketing recommendations and ensure the successful execution of the plan by serving as a cross-functional leader and expert on the Workiva personas
- Develop and/or direct the development of external content, sales prospecting guides, and email nurturing sequences utilizing the persona PBO's (positive business outcomes)
- Work with the customer equity team to develop stories to be used in sales cycles, and collaborate with field readiness to activate new sales tools
- Oversee session development for Workiva events and our annual conference, Amplify
What You'll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in roles that relate to marketing, product marketing, and/or portfolio marketing including inside sales, sales, and content development
- 3+ years of previous experience in a B2B SaaS company preferred
- B.A./B.S. degree in marketing, business, or a similar area of study preferred
- Prior experience working with and supporting a sales team preferred
- High comfort level working in a technology environment; experience in the technology sector preferred
- Ability to motivate internal stakeholders, sellers, and buyers
- Solid working knowledge and understanding across all marketing areas, including content marketing, demand generation, digital marketing, customer marketing, and traditional product marketing
- A relentless pursuit of excellence and results
- Great organizational skills and ability to direct projects
- Innovative and disruptive creative thinking
- Up to 25% travel
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- Salary range in the US:
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
- 401(k) match and comprehensive employee benefits package
The salary range represents the low and high end of the salary range for this job in the US. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and other relevant factors.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
Trust: Rely on each other.
Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
Involvement: Ability to participate in Business Employee Resource Groups (Black, Hispanic, Asian, Women, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Veterans, Disabilities), Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more about life at Workiva: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/
Learn more about benefits: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic. We strongly encourage and welcome people from historically marginalized groups to apply.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email [email protected].
Workiva supports employees in working where they work best - either from an office or remotely from any location within their country of employment.