About the Job
Sovrn is seeking an experienced Director of Product Marketing to help expand our commerce and merchant focused offerings as well as lead a team in a highly collaborative and positive manner. Your role will be to help position and market Sovrn to merchants as well as publishers and content creators. You will be responsible for business impact by driving long-term revenue growth and building trust with our merchant partners.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you’ll work hand-in-hand with the product, marketing, sales, and customer success teams to lead product launches, amplify product messaging, and promote our products. You’ll be an authority not just on our products but on our target segments, our competitors, and our industry.
What you’ll be doing:
- Go-to-market planning & execution. Lead the launch planning for new products and significant new features, ensuring the product has the functionality it needs to succeed and launch activities are coordinated to enable rapid market traction.
- Competitor analysis. Identify our actual and potential competitors and evaluate their strategies, pricing, and positioning. Assess their relative strengths and weaknesses and devise counter-strategies.
- Sales enablement. Provide training and build content, assets, and tools including sales presentations, platform demos, and competitive briefs.
- Product collateral and marketing content. Develop sales materials and support demand generation and content marketing campaigns with deftly-crafted content that resonates with target verticals and personas.
- Market and buyer intelligence. Deeply understand Sovrn’s buyers in each segment, how they buy and their buying criteria; use this knowledge to inform product messaging, brand differentiation, marketing content and sales training.
- Product evangelism. Serve as a subject matter expert and effectively communicate Sovrn’s value proposition to a variety of personas including customers, prospects, industry analysts, and the press.
- Build and lead a product marketing team and provide them with mentoring and coaching.
You learn like it's your job—because it is. You ask questions, and you don't settle for unsatisfying answers. When you come across a problem, you devise a solution, and then you start working on a back-up solution that anticipates future problems. You are obsessed with growth and building things while not being afraid to get your hands dirty. And you are a natural hustler with a contagious "can-do" attitude. You're comfortable collaborating with—and seeking out—everyone from graphic designers to data engineers, because you know that there's insight to be found everywhere. Above all, you're not afraid to take responsibility for guiding your projects from start to finish.
This successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrable success in B2B product marketing (or similar transferable experience), preferably at an enterprise SaaS company
- Relevant industry experience (e.g. advertising technology, partner relationships, affiliate marketing)
- A strong leader with experience building and managing a strong team of marketers while also passionate about the team’s continuous learning, development and growth.
- Excellent written and presentation skills (public speaking skills strongly desired)
- Expert storyteller, skilled at crafting engaging presentations that distill complicated concepts into succinct and straightforward narratives
- Can quickly synthesize product features into understandable and compelling messaging
- Comfortable speaking to new prospects and existing clients directly
- The ability to prioritize, focus, and execute on goals
- Can start multiple projects at the same time and pursue them to show continued growth
- Strong analytical skills for analyzing products, competitors, and market dynamics
- Demonstrated passion for product marketing and articulating customer value
- A high degree of comfort interpreting results and communicating insights effectively
- A strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial spirit
This position reports to: VP, Marketing
Location: Boulder, Colorado, NYC or Remote
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $140,000 - $170,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, 11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.