Director of Market Development, AMP Infrastructure
AMP Robotics is a rapidly growing startup on a mission to revolutionize the way we recycle. Positioned at the intersection of AI, robotics, and recycling, our solution matches deep learning and computer vision with robots that rapidly sort materials inside recycling facilities. We have already deployed our technology across the United States to dramatically reduce costs and increase the efficiency of recycling operations.
Our dedicated team is located just outside Denver in Louisville, Colorado, with views of Boulder’s flatirons and the Rocky Mountains. With backing from top tier investors including Sequoia and recognition as a “Rising Star Company of the Year” in the 2020 Global Cleantech 100, we’re looking for exceptional talent to support our mission.
AMP Robotics is looking for a Director of Market Development to drive commercial efforts and opportunities as AMP enters new businesses and markets. This role will originate and develop commercial deals/agreements and manage relationships with various players in the waste industry, including MRFs, reclaimers and others. This role reports to the Managing Director, Marketing Development and requires a deep background in strategic sales, new business development, closing multi party complex deals and a strong interest in recycling/sustainability, as well as flexibility and adaptability to the evolving needs of AMP programs, projects and organization.
- Quickly develop an in-depth understanding of AMP’s business strategies and goals/objectives, key industry trends and players, economic and business models and potential partner goals and economic interests.
- Source, develop, negotiate and close multifaceted complex partnership deals that support AMP’s business strategy and goals.
- Drive and coordinate deal/project efforts across x-functional internal and external partner organizations to strike mutually beneficial deals and get them closes.
- Develop and foster relationships and execute commercial agreements with national, regional, and local entities, from F500 enterprises to small, private mid-market companies.
- Manage complex relationships and business models/strategies with a quick and deep understanding of industry trends, technology advancements and emerging customer challenges and changes in the marketplace
Skills and Requirements:
- Senior, experienced and natural complex deal originator and negotiator.
- Expert at managing multi-party, complex partnerships, at multiple levels, across very different potential partners (sophisticated large public companies to small, independent private firms).
- Methodical approach (with sense of urgency) to manage, assess and execute multiple opportunities concurrently.
- Strong organizational and planning skills - Highly organized, able to simultaneously drive multiple projects and aspects of project development.
- Autonomous, self-starter/self-motivated - high-motor approach to execution and achievement. Self-motivated and outspoken about what is needed to get a job done.
- Strong financial acumen/skills with business model-orientation - Must be able to understand AMP business/financial requirements and partners to develop mutually beneficial deals.
- Track record of success in managing multiple priorities in an ambiguous environment.
- Excellent Communicator - Strategic listener, conscious conversationalist, and persuasive of people from a wide range of roles and backgrounds; Comfortable communicating with all types of stakeholders, verbal and written.
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Finance, Business or related field. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of business development, project development, origination and/or sales experience with increasing levels of deal size, complexity and strategic importance. Ideally, experience in waste management, recycling, renewables, power trading and/or origination.
- Strong interest in joining a dynamic, value-building environment and being part of a high-performing and collaborative team.
- Denver area headquarters or home office
- 20-30%, including partner meetings, conferences, and home office visits
Salary & compensation information: $155,000 -175,000 On Target Earnings (75/25 split)
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- Seven (7) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only)
- Referral bonuses for staff positions.
- Paid Vacation Leave – Accrues at a rate of ~4.67 hours (0.58 days) per pay period (2 weeks) starting day 1. Unused PTO carries over each year with a 1-year limit.
- Paid Sick Leave – 64 hours per year, given in full on start date, refreshes on anniversary.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.