Director, Insights and Marketing - Global Beverage Packaging at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary purpose of the position:
The Director of Insights and Marketing will lead and build a high performing team that will transform Ball’s innovation efforts into a more consumer driven organization and bring packaging insights our customers’ marketing, brand and innovation teams.
The Director will collaborate closely with other internal leaders in the Global Engineering Product & Process Innovation, Global Key Account Management, Regional Commercial and Marketing teams.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Provide strategic leadership on enterprise-wide product opportunities and priorities (e.g., innovation or R&D focus, product portfolio, resource allocation) by translating insights and marketing data into strategic recommendations, influencing the highest levels of leadership
- Conduct portfolio research and provide strategic support using detailed insights on topics such as sustainability, technology, digital, channels, customers, and industry value chain
- Build and maintain a close relationship with customer CI teams to discuss findings and emerging opportunities
- Develop expertise on the unique characteristics, challenges, needs, buying behaviors of customers and prospects for the beverage industry; collaborates with internal teams such as Commercial, Innovation, Engineering, Marketing, and the broader Ball organization as needed
- Responsible for leading the appropriate market research and analytics to drive consumer led ideation, execute concept testing and market sizing
- Sets and creatively applies best-in-class approaches (e.g., methodological innovations, new data sources) to research, analyze and generate insights, particularly for priority consumer and beverage segments (e.g., millennials) in collaboration with marketing and category management teams
- Develops insights-based marketing approaches to drive sales of existing innovations to global customers
- [Develops global category insights for beer, CSD and energy drinks markets]
- Drives enterprise-wide customer-centric focus by collaborating with cross-functional leaders and providing impactful insights to various teams can include marketing, sales, product management)
- Defines the strategic vision for the CI team, including developing long-term roadmap, priorities, deliverables, and performance goals/ KPIs
- Builds, develops, retains, and mentors a high-performing team, including establishing and maintaining performance management standards
- Manage Ball’s global research spend and vendors; deliver on initiatives within budget
Position Requirements & Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred (in business, marketing, data analytics, or related disciplines)
- 10+ years relevant industry experience (consumer / customer insight, data analytics, brand strategy & marketing, innovation, strategy)
- 7+ years line management experience
- Extensive experience with major beverage players (e.g., Coke, ABI, Red Bull, Monster, etc.) and categories (beer, carbonated soft drinks, energy drinks, sparkling water, etc.)
- Experience leading quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and practices, specifically those in the consumer/customer research space. Additional knowledge of advanced data analytics helpful
- Experience creating strategic direction
- Strategic leader (visionary, forward-thinking / long-term orientation, value creation orientation)
- Customer orientation (customer service-centric, customer relationships)
- 'Perform to plan' mentality (accountability, transparency, proactivity, executive drive)
- Problem solving orientation (Data driven, insightful, analytical, flexible)
- Effective communication (persuasive, story-telling)
- People-centered (stakeholder management skills, interpersonal effectiveness, team-building)
- Strong problem solving and quantitative analysis skills, incl. new CI techniques and methodologies
- Ability to understand details and also represent the most critical key messages to senior executives and other stakeholders
- Broad knowledge of beverage packaging industry
Demonstrate Ball Leadership Behaviors
- Inspirational Role Model - Understands themselves and seeks opportunities to learn. Shows composure, responding consistently, openly, and courageously in all situations.
- Authentic Leadership - Demonstrates humility in the way they lead others. Takes a stand for what is right and admits their mistakes.
- Leadership Presence - Inspires trust in the broader organization. Acts on a sense of what the organization most needs to elevate its impact and move forward through complexity.
- Relationship Builder - Listens and empathizes, engages a wide range of people. Embraces peoples’ differences and helps every individual feel special and valued.
- People Grower - Encourages leadership in others and takes risks to help others grow. Champions collaboration across the organization
- Culture Champion - Consciously evolves the culture to help secure the future of the business. Recognizes where behaviors need to change and how to change them.
- Results Oriented - A desire to make things happen, sets stretch goals and motivates others to achieve them. Always looking to create a better result for customers
- Future Catalyst - Communicates a vision of the future that compels others and helps them see around corners. Embraces change, takes risks, and seeks diverse perspectives.
- Breakthrough Strategist - Sees connections others don’t see. Translates this new insight into break-through strategies that open up new directions. Enrolls others in the new.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 132,500 - 205,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans