The Director, Digital Strategy role is meant for exceptional performance digital marketers who love driving performance, guiding account teams and orchestrating growth for top advertisers. This individual relishes managing large client relationships, as well as guiding digital paid media strategy with a heavy emphasis on paid search. This person will be responsible for the cross-channel integration and strategic activation of channels such as (but not limited to) search, shopping, social, display, video, ecommerce, and affiliate. You’ll be working at the intersection of online advertising execution and fast start up growth.
We are looking for someone with a passion for digital marketing who wants to join a fast-growing, fun digital agency that is hyper-focused on client performance and ROI. The ideal candidate is confident in their ability to drive improvements in account performance, but also to manage and develop some of our awesome talent.
Client & Team Revenue Oversight:
- Serve as the main point of contact and client team lead for 2-4 larger MT clients
- Manage 2-6 dotted line reports (Analysts and Account Managers) across each account
- Revenue & retention responsibilities for your accounts
- Serve as the main point of contact and manage the client relationship
- Drive overall account strategy, forecasting, and planning for your team
- Analyze performance data and KPIs
- Lead expansion into new digital paid media channels to facilitate growth
- 7+ years of paid performance digital marketing experience
- Experience directly managing either paid search or paid social advertising efforts
- Experience forecasting and allocating digital marketing budgets across channels
- Strong data analytics and strategy background, including experience using Google Analytics
- 1+ Year in a supervisory role directly overseeing other digital marketing professionals
- Experience presenting digital marketing strategy to C-Suite and executive audiences
- High-level Excel proficiency
- Time and project management skills
- Not afraid to get in the weeds, but still able to see the trees, forest, and ecosystem
- Exceptional communication skills & interpersonal skills
- 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience
Not a Must, But a Plus:
- Directly managed paid search or social budgets of $200,000+ in monthly ad spend
- Exposure to paid search, paid social, display and remarketing efforts
- Comfortable optimizing toward back-end metrics from a CRM such as Salesforce
Why You Should Apply:
You will also have a large impact on client outcomes. Many of our clients rely on us to guide everything from goal-setting to budget levels to website re-design. You will lead the show across channels.
- Speaking of clients, we have some great ones. We work with enterprise clients across all verticals. You will be the face of the organization for these clients, with involvement in larger multi-channel QBRs and pitch meetings.
- We don't just talk the talk when it comes to culture, we walk the walk. MT is consistently ranked by Entrepreneur and Inc Magazine's best places to work.
Metric Theory is one of the fastest growing digital marketing agencies headquartered in the Bay Area, with offices across the country. Founded in 2012 as a team of six, MT has grown into a 200+ company and a respected competitor in our industry (see awards below). In January 2021, Metric Theory merged with Media.Monks in order to expand our services offering and increase our visibility in the advertising space. We are committed to empowering employees and promoting self-awareness, teamwork, empathy, and proactiveness throughout our organization.
Most Recent Notable Awards:
• Built In Best Places to Work in San Francisco, Denver and New York in 2021
• US Search Awards Agency of the Year in 2020
• Digiday Worklife Award for "Most Dedicated to Employee Growth" in 2020
• Search Engine Land Agency of The Year in 2019
• Digiday Worklife Award in 2019
• Adweek 100: Fastest Growing Agencies in 2019
• Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019
• Inc. Best Workplaces 2017, 2018 and 2019
• Denver Business Journal's Best Places to Work 2017-2021
• #7 in Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures 2018
Why We’re Frequently Ranked a Best Place to Work:
• Tireless focus on culture, values and inclusion that unites everyone around common goals and shared principles
• Openness to new ideas that affords employees the opportunity to make a difference on day 1
• Frequent 360-degree feedback that pushes everyone to get better together
• Universal eagerness to help each other without the expectation of anything in return
• Conscious focus on learning & professional development at all levels of the organization
• Unlimited paid time off, sick days, and 14 company-wide holidays including Christmas Eve & Christmas Day, New Years Eve & Day, Juneteenth, and International Women's Day (to name a few)
• Unlimited opportunity to work from home or in a fully remote work setting, we also have offices nationwide for a full time or hybrid work model
• Fully covered medical, dental & vision coverage for you and your family; family planning assistance; 16 weeks fully paid parental leave for both parents
• 401(k) company contribution; monthly wifi stipend; work from home stipend; pet insurance; Talkspace and Headspace memberships, and more!