Director of Digital Marketing at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $4.6B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We’re looking for a Director of Digital Marketing to come build our digital demand machine. This leader will play a vital part in continuing to grow and expand our digital footprint and drive new customer acquisition (from engagement to conversion) across multiple platforms. Building and leading a team, this role ensures our digital campaigns have innovative, high-quality, consumable content that fits our target prospects’ needs and interests at each stage of our marketing funnel.
- Drive the digital marketing strategy and plan for lead generation across all segments of our business
- Drive customer acquisition across a mix of digital marketing channels, including paid search, SEO, display, paid social, native, sponsored content, programmatic media etc.
- Improve digital efficiency by driving down the cost of leads, optimizing the mix of paid and organic, and improving conversion rates across the funnel
- Own annual pipeline planning process for digital demand, create and maintain funnel model, and produce performance reports against targets
- Manage the digital acquisition budget in order to ensure our budget is being used to maximum efficiency and effectiveness, supporting decisions to increase our investment in order to drive more successful outcomes.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams to ensure that the Digital marketing functions add value and helps support all functions
- Partner with our RevOps team to ensure the right digital foundation is in place to measure campaign performance and impact.
- Manage, hire and mentor a digital marketing team
What you bring:
- 8+ years experience managing digital marketing across SEO, Paid, and web
- You develop hypotheses and run tests to quickly identify optimizations that improve business results
- Excellent communication skills with ability to clearly convey ideas and data in written, presentation, and spoken formats to a variety of audiences
- Data-driven mindset about implementing campaigns, leveraging customer segmentation, programmatic buying, retargeting and attribution analytics to optimize digital investments
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead, motivate and drive management teams to deliver world class services and high impact results
- Deep experience in marketing automation (Marketo), Google Analytics, Salesforce, AdWords, Social Media Ad platforms, email, affiliate marketing, partnerships
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $162,350-$191,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.