About the Job
Sovrn is seeking a proven and passionate Director, Content Marketing and Communications to help craft and evangelize our unique story in the market and attract attention by developing content and messaging that generates interest and delivers business impact. This person will lead a team that fosters media and industry relationships and connects the dots across our solutions to create compelling content for the publisher industry.
Reporting to the VP, Marketing, you will get to build and develop the team, and PR/content strategy from a blank slate. You will also have the opportunity to work with all aspects of our business, working closely with Product Management, Customer Success, Sales, Executives, and more.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and drive the global PR strategy for the company to ensure positive positioning of its products, solutions and services.
- Manage and execute the content strategy for Sovrn including development of content marketing assets (videos, bylined articles, blogs, etc)
- Cultivate and maintain top-tier media relationships and coordinate all PR activities including media inquiries and interview requests.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness.
- Provide counsel to executives and other spokespeople on how to message and position the business and its innovations.
- Manage Search Engine Optimization initiatives, ensuring our website and content are leading to high ranking search results and steadily increasing web traffic.
- Work closely with designers, product marketing, sales, and external influencers to develop appropriate content themes, topics, and deliverables
- Analyze and measure results from content and PR efforts to inform and drive future tactics and direction
You learn like it's your job—because it is. You ask questions, and you don't settle for unsatisfying answers. When you come across a problem, you devise a solution, and then you start working on a back-up solution that anticipates future problems. You are obsessed with growth and building things while not being afraid to get your hands dirty. And you are a natural hustler with a contagious "can-do" attitude. You're comfortable collaborating with—and seeking out—everyone from graphic designers to data engineers, because you know that there's insight to be found everywhere. Above all, you're not afraid to take responsibility for guiding your projects from start to finish.
This successful candidate will have:
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level through media outlet relationships and reporting on key results
- Proven experience in developing, executing and managing a content plan from development to successful execution
- Experience acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- A strong portfolio and a proven track record of delivering high-quality content at scale in a business environment
- A strong leader with experience building and managing a strong team of marketers while also passionate about the team’s continuous learning, development and growth.
- SEM experience / SEO best practices when writing and Google Analytics experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills with proven ability to collaborate across functions.
- Experience producing content across a range of formats e.g. written, visual, hybrid, live/event-based both on and offline
- Ability to work at both a strategic and tactical level
Nice to have:
- Relevant industry experience (e.g. advertising technology, partner relationships, affiliate marketing) preferred.
- Experience with Hubspot, Google Analytics, Looker and Salesforce preferred.
This position reports to: VP, Marketing
Location: Boulder, Colorado
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $130,000 - $160,000 including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location. Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance,11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.