Decision Scientist - Marketing at Ibotta
Ibotta is seeking a Decision Scientist, Marketing to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. The Decision Scientist, Marketing will help the Marketing team make data-driven decisions to drive customers to the app, retain, and develop them. As a Decision Scientist, Marketing, you will be responsible for using the latest developments in statistics, machine learning, and testing methodologies to understand the business in-depth, support and challenge strategic options, and build state-of-the-art tools to improve our marketing plans.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Work cross-functionally with the marketing team in analyzing customer segments and uncovering key, actionable insights about Ibotta users and behaviors
- Run statistical analysis and create predictive models based on past user purchases and behavior
- Develop algorithms and segmentation for user targeting and personalization
- Design, implement and measure controlled experiments to determine the impact of new approaches
- Report and understand business performance in detail, and identify ideas for improvement
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years of practical work experience in Analytics, preferably in a consumer-facing industry
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/mathematics/statistics/data science/engineering or equivalent experience preferred
- An understanding of the key concepts of consumer behavior
- Proven expertise with data handling, processing, statistical and analytical skills
- Ability to think creatively and provide thoughtful, agile insights
- Ability to develop, maintain, automate, visualize, analyze, and communicate reporting to management
- In-depth experience with SQL required
- Experience using modern data analysis tools (such as R, Python, Hive/Presto) required
- Experience with A/B testing and control group concepts
- Ability to work collaboratively throughout the organization to drive towards common goals
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $800 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $80,000 - $100,000
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.