Content Marketing Specialist at Vertafore
The Marketing Communications team at Vertafore is looking for a Content Marketing Specialist. In this role, you'll be working on all kinds of content, from thought leadership bylines to blogs, customer communications, website copy, our corporate podcast, and more. We are looking for someone with excellent writing skills who knows the difference between a hyphen and an em dash and can argue their stance on the Oxford comma.
If you can take highly technical information and communicate it clearly, produce compelling content for a variety of audiences, and have an eagle eye for detail, we want to hear from you.
Please submit writing samples with your resume.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to:
- Create original, compelling content to improve engagement with prospects, partners and customers, including brochures, fliers, newsletters, web copy, whitepapers, blogs, emails and other collateral materials.
- Project manage and ensure on-time delivery of a wide range of digital and print artifacts.
- Be a content marketing advisor for the Sales and Marketing organization to pair marketing and messaging needs with appropriate tactics.
- Serve as an editor and Vertafore Voice style resource to other areas in Marketing and the organization.
- Help maintain KPI dashboards to measure the effectiveness of content marketing efforts and conduct data analysis to improve future efforts.
- Track industry trends, influencers, and topics of interest as they relate to key corporate messages in order to develop related content strategies.
- Work with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to gather information and turn it into compelling, digestible, and appropriate content.
- Recognize features and benefits of Vertafore products and effectively connect them to key messaging themes in brand-level marketing content.
- Work with and manage external resources and vendors to develop, write, edit, and distribute content.
- Serve as a Marketing Communications representative on cross-functional project teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong writing and storytelling skills with a passion for connecting with audiences.
- Demonstrated experience creating content for multiple channels. Experience with multimedia content development a plus.
- Highly detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, a meticulous and thorough approach to work processes, and a commitment to quality.
- Able to translate complex and technical concepts into easy-to-digest, audience-forward content.
- Able to integrate feedback to ensure content meets goals and expectations.
- Excellent grammar. Strong working knowledge of standard editing practices and style conventions.
- Understanding of marketing and communication theory and best practices.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues correctly and clearly to both internal and external customers.
- Ability to adhere to brand style guidelines for tone and voice.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Able to work within time, budget, and resource constraints.
· Understanding of marketing metrics and able to analyze data and KPIs to identify areas of opportunity and improvement.
- 2 – 4 years of relevant work experience as a writer, editor, or content creator in a B2B organization, preferably in a software or technology industry.
· Excellent writing and editing skills for a variety of audiences and situations.
- BA/BS degree in communication, English, journalism, marketing, or related field.
· Experience with marketing automation technology (ex. Marketo) appreciated.