Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you'll make an impact
The Channel Marketing Manager is responsible for delivering projects, campaigns and activity to drive growth and retention through our accountant and bookkeeping partner channel in alignment with our West Region sales team.
An important aspect of this role will involve establishing and maintaining good working relationships both within the Marketing team and the wider organization.
This role is open to sitting in Xero's San Francisco office or remotely in California, Washington, or Oregon.
What you'll do
- Drive integrated campaign planning and manage executions focused on our partner channel of accountants and bookkeepers
- Act as a business partner with sales leads to inform planning and program activity
- Oversee all partner channel touch points to ensure effective sales enablement
- Provide relevant insight from analysis of program results to inform performance or budget optimizations
- Manage the repository of learnings/outcomes from each campaign to improve future strategies
- Publish findings across the marketing team and broader business
- Partner with PR, events and voice of customer teams to support increasing Xero’s visibility in the enterprise channel
- Utilize tools such as Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, Asana, and G Suite
Success looks like
- Effectively supporting a high growth sales org
- Desire to build strong working relationships with cross-functional and often geographically dispersed teams, that allow you to challenge and influence stakeholders (internal & external)
- Data-driven marketer who is eager to develop plans and execute marketing programs based on customer needs and insights
- Comfortable working in an environment where process doesn’t always exist and and ability to navigate your way through the business to ensure your success
- Proactively seeking all the information you need from different stakeholders across the business
- Influencing others to help execute your go-to-market plan and help you deliver your KPIs
- Having an inquisitive nature that inspires you to continually learn and shape your own career will be critical to your success at Xero
- Ability to contribute to defining a strategic vision and to articulate it in front of a variety of audiences
- Strong project management and campaign scheduling skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Proven ability in influencing others by adapting approach to suit the individual in order to achieve the right outcomes
- Must be able to thrive in a highly dynamic, flexible work environment and switch rapidly from strategy to execution
- Ownership and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and team-oriented
- 5-7+ years of relevant marketing management experience
- Proven experience working with sales
- Knowledge or understanding of the accounting industry a plus
- Proven experience in the creation and development of integrated campaign strategy, positioning and messaging
- Experience with SaaS is preferable
- Proven ability to work within CRM tools like Salesforce and analyze results for improved KPIs
Xero is an equal opportunity employer. Xero celebrates diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where our employees can do the best work of their lives.
Xero offers access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (in CA & CO only)
Xero will match 100% on the first 3% of 401k contributions plus 50% match on next 2% of contributions
Employees enjoy 21 days of paid time off per year
Employees have 10 days of wellbeing leave to care for their minds, bodies, and families
US employees enjoy 11 paid holidays per year
Xero offers an industry-leading 26 weeks of parental leave at 100% pay
Xero offers a number of employee wellness programs, to include yoga, mindfulness and nutrition workshops, EAP, free flu shots, team meals, and a monthly wellbeing allowance
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated.
We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares. Xero’s collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.