Senior Product Counsel – Strategic Partnerships & Verticals at RingCentral
What if the decisions you made changed the way the world communicates?
What if you had the freedom of a startup and the resources of a global enterprise?
You’d break new ground. Raise the bar for performance. And do career-defining work.
That’s exactly the kind of environment we’re building together at RingCentral.
RingCentral's cloud-based communications platform connects more than 2 million users around the world, in ways that bring people, ideas, companies and customers together.
When you join RingCentral Legal, you’ll bring your expertise to everything from policy to contracts to lawsuits. You’ll help protect the company from threats, guide internal policy decisions and drive ideas that change the way the world communicates. All in a strong, supportive culture designed to help you succeed.
We’re as proud of our working environment as we are of our market success. You’ll find all the training, opportunity and resources you could ever want here - with all the work/life benefits you expect, and none of the micromanagement. RingCentral regularly brings home Best Place To Work awards from locations all over the world, and outstanding company ratings on Glassdoor and Comparably!
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
RingCentral seeks a tech-savvy attorney to serve as Senior Product Counsel – Strategic Partnerships & Verticals on a quickly growing team. This self-motivated individual will be comfortable working in an exciting, high-growth, fast pace sales-driven culture and will be responsible for reviewing new products and feature enhancements for compliance with applicable regulations and industry standards.
As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks, seek input from internal SMEs, and advise on cutting-edge unified communications services. Specifically, you will develop a deep understanding of our products, issue spot, review inputs and approvals from internal stakeholders and SMEs (including but not limited to product, engineering, marketing, procurement, IP, privacy, regulatory, etc.), and monitor launched products for on-going product compliance. Additionally, you will work with business stakeholders in product, marketing, and sales to assist in developing thoughtful product development strategies.
The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of legal issues related to privacy, free and open source software, data security, encryption requirements, and third-party licensing, with support from internal SMEs.
Principal duties include:
- Supporting co-branded products with RingCentral’s strategic partners
- Providing day-to-day advice on regulations concerning the design, development, operation, procurement, distribution and marketing in the provision of UCaaS
- Monitoring and advising the business of upcoming regulatory changes with support from relevant SMEs
- Implementing, and maintaining applicable policies and processes
- Drafting any required service attachments or other transactional documents
You’ll need to have:
- JD and 6 or more years of relevant work experience with a major law firm and/or in-house
- Licenses: Active and in good standing of at least one state bar
Even better if you have:
- JD degree from a top tier law school with strong academic performance
- Experience in the telecommunications or wireless technology industry
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to professionally manage time, prioritize multiple responsibilities, and process a high volume of work in a timely and accurate manner with a high attention to detail
- Proven ability to work independently and autonomously, as well as part of a team
- Proven ability to spot problems and develop and lead implementation of appropriate solutions
- Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of personnel and enforce legal requirements without alienating clients
- Demonstrated ability to handle extremely sensitive and confidential information
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.