Senior General Attorney at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary purpose of the position:
Responsible for performing general legal advice and assistance for all matters within Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries, as directed by the vice president, general counsel and assistant corporate secretary, except matters requiring intensive government contracting expertise.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Provides and is responsible for primary legal support for one or more key internal customers or regions and works closely with the vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary as appropriate to support such internal clients.
- Drafts and negotiates various agreements and commercial contracts including NDA’s, sales agreements, license agreements, and develops standard terms and conditions and other standard agreement in primary area of responsibility.
- Responds to requests for legal assistance or analysis from employees throughout the company in a timely fashion.
- Prepares and reviews legal correspondence, forms and agreements.
- Hires, supervises and assists outside counsel in litigation and other matters under the supervision of the vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary.
- Develops and updates policies and templates for the law department and company as a whole.
- Takes responsibility for tracking changes in legislative, governmental, and regulatory requirements in one or more subject matter areas.
Assists internal clients or customers in their efforts to generate Economic Value Added for Ball Corporation.
Provides professional, confidential work product in a timely fashion.
Takes personal responsibility for quality and timeliness and endeavors to continuously improve services and relationships within Ball.
Acts as an effective project manager and has ability to handle multiple assignments and deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail.
Maintains highest standards of integrity, professionalism, and personal ethical behavior and individual responsibility to clients or customers.
Assists Ball in maintaining compliance with the law.
While the regular working cycle of this position is usually five days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday); working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Experience providing advice and counsel in employee relations matters with creative and practical problem solving required.
- At least five (5) years of experience in traditional labor law, including organizing campaigns, collective bargaining, labor grievance and arbitration processes, and other similar matters strongly preferred.
- At least three (3) years of experiencing in occupational safety and health matters, including OSHA regulations, investigations, and other similar matters preferred.
- Must have obtained a four (4) year undergraduate degree, a three (3) year law degree, and be admitted to a state bar in good standing (preferably Colorado), or local equivalent for locations outside the United States.
- Job related experience for 7-10 year(s) minimum.
- Must have worked in a law firm or in a law department representing a publicly traded company.
- Must have prepared complex legal documents and persuasive legal documents; some litigation and commercial experience is preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 113,500 - 176,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans