Senior Counsel, Commercial- Zoom Phone Reseller at Zoom Video Communications (Remote)
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar.
We're problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Zoom is hiring a Senior Counsel, Commercial (Zoom Phone) to join our dynamic and fast growing legal team. This role is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for technology, excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment. The primary responsibility of the role is to advise on issues involving Channel sales programs pertaining to Zoom Phone and draft, review, and negotiate associated agreements. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and customer service skills as they will be interfacing with cross-functional teams and external Channel partners, carriers and customers.
In this role, you will:
- Assist with the drafting, review, and negotiation of:
- all manner of partner-related agreements including distribution, reseller, referral, agency, strategic alliance, carrier and other types of partner agreements worldwide with a focus on Zoom Phone initiatives
- documentation needed to support channel sales and operations worldwide
- Provide direct support to the Zoom Phone channel sales organization and leadership, both domestically and internationally. Work directly with key business stakeholders as a strategic adviser to provide practical legal advice on a broad range of complex legal, business and strategic issues pertaining to Zoom Phone.
- Partner with revenue recognition/finance, privacy, security, sales operations, and other stakeholder teams to ensure agreements and documentation are consistent with internal company policies and processes.
- Drive and contribute to a variety of ad-hoc projects across the department supporting business, legal, and strategic corporate initiatives.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a high-growth SaaS environment negotiating and drafting enterprise-level cloud agreements and partner/channel agreements.
- 5+ years of in-house experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience supporting a channel sales team preferred
- Experience within the telecommunications sector and significant experience in working with telecom carriers is an absolute requirement.
- Familiarity with anti-competition, distribution, agency and compliance laws applicable to third party channel partners in a telecommunications environment.
- Previous experience as a people manager.
- Detail-oriented with excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand business objectives and think creatively to find resolutions to achieve requirements of all parties.
- Strong work ethic and ability to multitask, self-motivate, and prioritize numerous projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with revenue recognition issues and experience working with revenue and sales operations teams.
- Strong academic background, J.D. from highly regarded school, and bar admission.
- Highly responsive with a service-oriented attitude.
- Team player with a sense of humor.
- Maintains a 'Growth Mindset': every challenge is an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Ability to provide thought leadership on strategic matters as well as execute on tactical operational details.
- Ability to work quickly and competently to prioritize, manage, and multi-task in a fast paced working environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways. To view our benefits, click here .
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .