Senior Contracts Manager at CircleCI
CircleCI is looking for a Senior Contracts Manager to negotiate commercial contracts and help support the commercial legal affairs of the Company. Our ideal candidate is an experienced contract manager or paralegal who has experience working at a fast-moving SaaS company. This position will primarily support CircleCI’s global Sales team and company-wide Procurement efforts.
The Senior Contracts Manager role requires someone who has a high degree of self-sufficiency but also enjoys being part of a supportive team that is dedicated to providing sound and timely commercial transactional support as CircleCI rapidly scales. CircleCI’s Legal team is small but mighty, handling complex transactions and an expanding work volume. You must be willing to roll up your sleeves and should enjoy a startup environment. It's an amazing role for a candidate that enjoys a fast-paced environment and growing responsibilities!
This position reports to the Director of Contracts and Legal Operations.What you'll do:
- Provide support for Sales and Procurement agreements – review, redline, draft, and finalize agreements: DPAs, NDAs, and Order Forms; SaaS, Software License, Reseller and Partnership, and vendor agreements
- Partner closely with CircleCI’s fast-moving Sales, Deal Desk, Finance and Security teams, and work cross-functionally with our teams and external parties to ensure efficient workflow and request management
- Perform general contract and administrative support, including cross-functional coordination of legal matters on behalf of the Legal team, including contract and process management in order to drive efficiency, collaboration and alignment
- Help update Legal contracts, templates and playbooks to ensure consistency
- Support Legal in meeting its SLAs and OKRs
- Collaborate with team members to create and present contract-related trainings for CircleCI teams
- College degree, professional certification(s) or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience as a paralegal and/or contract manager, preferably at a SaaS or technology company
- Experience with a variety of computer software applications (Adobe Professional, Conga, DocuSign, G-Suite, Microsoft Office, Salesforce, Zoom, etc.)
- Proficiency with issue-spotting for negotiating an equitable outcome
- Experience with data privacy and information security regulations (GDPR, CCPA, etc.) is a plus
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage multiple projects and recalibrate easily in response to shifting priorities, process change, and risk tolerance
- Great teammate who enjoys building relationships and collaborating with others
- Very organized, proactive, and resourceful with a high attention to detail
- Great interpersonal skills to work in a proactive and service-minded manner
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with the highest level of discretion and respect
- Experience working with various functions and levels within an organization, including senior level management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those passionate about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do your best work, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.