Senior Commercial Corporate Counsel (Avaya Partnership) at RingCentral
Are you looking for an opportunity where your skills and enthusiasm make a difference and where your voice will be heard? At RingCentral our award-winning environment is high-energy, team-oriented and committed to providing world-class service for its customers. We're the #1 global cloud-based, communications provider, growing at more than 30% annually and we're looking for team-members with an entrepreneurial spark!
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
RingCentral is the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in this space, with a market capitalization of over $6 billion. With +$600 million run rate, RingCentral is projected to reach $1billion by 2020. Examples of Wall Street analyst quotes post Q3 earnings:
- Craig Hallum: "Predictably Exceptional Results – We've Come To Expect Nothing Less."
- Deutsche Bank: "Executing like a Well-Oiled Machine."
- Jeffries: "Firing On All Cylinders."
- Northland: "As UCaaS Market Evolves, RNG Excels"
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt | Location: Centennial, Colorado / Charlotte, North Carolina
RingCentral, Inc. is seeking a seasoned Senior Commercial Corporate Counsel (Avaya Partnership) to join our legal team in Centennial, CO or Charlotte, NC. This individual must be self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast-paced, sales-driven culture and will be responsible for supporting the sales team pursuing opportunities in relation to RingCentral's exclusive partnership with Avaya Technologies. This is a newly created position, reporting into the VP of Legal.
The individual will be required to work closely with other members of the legal department, other departments within RingCentral, as well as outside partners and attorneys to review, negotiate and manage contracts. This position also requires a desire and willingness to work on multiple and varied other legal projects and issues for RingCentral, including those relating to contract execution and internal policies as well as projects to help in the overall administration of the legal function within RingCentral.
- Providing support on commercial sales agreements, Master Service agreements, NDAs, SOWs and other transactions as needed, including reviewing, drafting, negotiating, revising and interpreting Cloud Based Unified Communications Solutions agreements, Cloud Based Contact Center Solutions agreements, Master Service agreements, and consulting and professional service agreements, among others.
- Interfacing with Sales, Sales Operations, Services, Finance and Accounting teams to assist the Legal team's efforts in the preparation, implementation and optimization of forms, processes and procedures.
- Streamlining contract management processes and templates and conducting training sessions for internal Sales team members on procedures and other contract or legal topics as necessary.
- Contributing broadly to the leadership of the businesses, working effectively with senior management and creating strong trusted advisor relationships with the business leaders.
- 10+ years as a deal/transactional lawyer at a top law firm and In-house in a leading high-tech/cloud company.
- Direct experience in structuring, negotiating, and drafting high-tech cloud based communications services.
- Confidence in dealing with other departments, outside representatives and upper management.
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision in a fast pace environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, facilitating clear and open communication at all levels of the organization.
- Lead projects. Work cross-functionally. Self-driven. Team player. Results oriented and accountable to timely deliver exceptional results.
- Excellent negotiation and drafting skills.
- Experience with Governmental Contracting (Locals, State, Federal) a plus.
- A genuine enjoyment for providing legal support to sales teams in high-tech. Trusted advisor and valued partner to the sales organization. Can do attitude.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral's open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.