Recoveries Litigation Portfolio Analyst
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The OnDeck Legal team may be small in number relative to other groups at OnDeck but is massive in impact. The Legal Team provides sound and pragmatic legal advice to drive OnDeck’s mission as the first-choice lender to small business. A key role of the Legal team is navigating issues proactively. The Legal team is comprised of three divisions: Compliance, External Affairs and Legal and as such it works closely with all the OnDeck business teams as well as external stakeholders. We seek excellent teammates who enjoy rolling up their sleeves and working closely with the business teams.
The OnDeck Legal team strategies and executes all aspects of recoveries litigation. For those accounts which are charged-off and directed to litigation, accounts are placed with law firms nationwide and are managed through all three phases of recoveries litigation – pre-suit, litigation and post-judgment. As this channel has grown, there has developed a need for managing the litigation channel to identified cents/dollar targets as well as non-liquidation KPIs on a macro (vintage) and micro (account) level. OnDeck engages a sophisticated technology platform that accesses each firm’s core data, and then aggregates and individualizes that data. This position will master and manage that platform, among other data. The goal is to support the OnDeck Legal team getting full value from our third-party law firm partnerships to drive highest cents/dollar recoveries.
As a Recoveries Litigation Portfolio Analyst at OnDeck on the Legal team, you will:
- Manage law firms to liquidation and non-liquidation KPIs through our technology platform and other technologies and data.
- Manage individual vintages to monthly, quarterly, yearly and full-life-cycle targets.
- Selectively due diligence individual accounts to ensure firms are evaluating/treating/moving accounts appropriately.
- Engage weekly if not daily with law firms to pursue stated goals.
- Engage weekly if not daily with other, non-firm, third parties, in support of stated goals (e.g., technology companies, asset vendors, among others).
Necessary qualifications for success:
- At least 3 years of relevant experience.
- At least a 4 year college degree.
- Must have solid comprehension of the legal process in a law firm or corporate setting, especially in the recoveries arena and specifically dealing with post-judgment remedies.
- Must be a proven “wiz” with Excel.
- Must be strongly adept in working with various types of technology.
- Must be a “people person” to successfully engage with several OnDeck teams and outside partnerships (law firms, technology and data vendors, among others).
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**