Paralegal - Regulatory Compliance at RingCentral
Job Title: Paralegal – Telecom Regulatory
Job Type: Full Time
What if the decisions you made changed the way the world communicates?
What if you had the freedom of a startup and the resources of a global enterprise?
You’d break new ground. Raise the bar for performance. And do career-defining work.
That’s exactly the kind of environment we’re building together at RingCentral.
RingCentral's cloud-based communications platform connects more than 2 million users around the world, in ways that bring people, ideas, companies and customers together.
When you join RingCentral Legal, you’ll bring your expertise to everything from policy to contracts to lawsuits. You’ll help protect the company from threats, guide internal policy decisions and drive ideas that change the way the world communicates. All in a strong, supportive culture designed to help you succeed.
We’re as proud of our working environment as we are of our market success. You’ll find all the training, opportunity and resources you could ever want here - with all the work/life benefits you expect, and none of the micromanagement. RingCentral regularly brings home Best Place To Work awards from locations all over the world, and outstanding company ratings on Glassdoor and Comparably!
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
The Paralegal – Telecom Regulatory will have responsibility for handling regulatory reporting requirements, including telecommunications, corporate, and other types of filings, and will work directly with Operations, Legal, Finance, Tax, and other internal stakeholders to identify, interpret, and complete requirements. This role provides critical support for RingCentral’s core business in a highly regulated environment, both in the U.S. and internationally. In addition to the primary regulatory compliance responsibilities, this position requires a desire and aim to work on both regulatory reporting and various other legal projects for RingCentral and its subsidiaries, including internal projects to support the overall administration of the legal function within RingCentral.
- Maintain regulatory compliance through the tracking, completion and filing of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and fee payments mandated by the various federal and state regulatory agencies, including the FCC, all state utility commissions and regulatory authorities of countries outside the United States. Handle internal records related to external reporting.
- Work with internal and external regulatory counsel to provide guidance around regulatory licensing, registration and governmental authorization processes both in the US and internationally.
- Interact with project teams and regulatory agencies in relation to submissions and other relevant topics, and handle the collecting, analyzing and summarizing of information relevant to reporting.
- Investigate, resolve, and respond to service, billing, and porting complaints filed with the Federal Communications Commission and other regulatory bodies.
- Work effectively with individuals across the company to obtain necessary information and communicate the importance of accurate and timely reporting.
- Research and review government agency bulletins and other sources of information concerning pertinent regulatory matters. Compile and summarize information about current requirements, and proposed, pending, or enacted changes to regulations.
- Develop and maintain rapport with personnel at federal, state, local, and international regulatory agencies.
- Ensure that supervisor is aware of activities and progress.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-8 years of paralegal, regulatory compliance experience
- Demonstrates high standards of professionalism, responsibility, and ethics.
- Ability to carefully proofread and pay close attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, record-keeping and record-retention skills. Strong computer skills and ability to learn new programs.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills. Ability to demonstrate problem-solving skills and ability to provide solutions to a variety of problems/issues of moderate scope and complexity.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently but collaboratively, and prioritize and balance multiple tasks in a very fast-paced and evolving environment.
- International experience and proficiency in a language other than English may be a plus.
Benefits and Amenities:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.