Why work for just any analytics company? At Alteryx, Inc., we are explorers, dreamers and innovators. We're on a journey to build the best analytics platform in the world, but we can't do it without people like you, leading the way. Forget the stereotypical tech companies of the past. Embrace the unconventional, exercise your imagination and help alter the future with Alteryx.
We are looking for a motivated, conscientious Legal Counsel, Strategic Transactions to support the legal aspects of our strategic partnerships, technology alliances, and our OEM and channel partner programs. You will be responsible for drafting and negotiating strategic partnership agreements with organizations including advisory and consulting firms, global systems integrators, distributors, third-party syndicated data providers, OEM partners and others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft, negotiate and interpret licensing, alliance, OEM, strategic partnership and other agreements, counselling business leaders on risk, deal structure and negotiation strategy;
- Advise on compliance with contractual responsibilities, company policies and applicable laws/regulations;
- Collaborate with the company's sales, operations, marketing, and finance groups to create partner programs, and successful deal flow management;
- Coordinate work with other key stakeholders, including finance, accounting, information security, privacy and product;
- Understand and ensure consistency of agreement terms with the company's business, financial and risk management objectives;
- Prepare and maintain form agreements and legal processes and assist with various strategic, tech and partner program documents;
- Assist with other legal department and corporate initiatives, including developing strategic playbooks;
- Provide timely and practical legal advice to the company's business leaders, including proactively identifying recurring issues and providing advice and counsel to the company's senior leaders on complex issues having impact on the company;
- Maintain a current understanding of applicable laws, regulations and industry guidance that impact software licenses, partnership arrangements, tech alliances and OEM relationships; and
- Provide thought leadership by developing new, and improving existing, agreements and legal processes & practices.
Education, Experience, and Licenses
- JD from an ABA accredited law school, and member of at least one state bar in good standing, with a strong preference for California,
- 5+ years of relevant legal experience in licensing and technology transactions, with a preference for experience in the software or high technology industry;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Mix of substantive law firm and in-house, hands-on experience in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities, schedules and assignments;
- Specific experience with on-premise software, SaaS, cloud computing, commercial and enterprise software; supporting strategic partnership, technology alliances and embedded technology; and coordinating review of contracts across key stakeholders (e.g., accounting, privacy, information security);
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and effectively provide strategic, business-focused advice and counsel in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with emerging priorities; and
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, work independently, and drive matters to swift, favorable outcomes.
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Colorado is 117,000 - 158,000. This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.