A proven and collaborative Lead Commercial Counsel to act as our first in-house Legal hire to support Duda's rapid growth. Reporting to our CFO, the ideal candidate will be a business savvy lawyer with experience scaling legal operations for a SaaS technology company. This person should be adept at moving seamlessly between deep-in-the-weeds daily legal activities such as reviewing Enterprise level MSAs to strategic discussions with product on our general approach to product data privacy issues as well as designing company policies around contract lifecycle management. They should be a strong communicator familiar with helping to run legal matters for global fast-growing organizations with significant hubs in countries like Israel as well as the US.WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manage and act as Duda’s primary point of contact for all commercial legal matters, driving both our strategic and day-to-day commercial legal strategy globally.
- Structure, draft, and negotiate a broad range of inbound supplier agreements including software and SaaS, professional services and outsourcing, IT infrastructure, and marketing services.
- Own Duda’s deal desk and contract lifecycle management programs, providing strategic advice on the design, implementation, and evolution of these areas and associated agreements in partnership with our GTM teams and Finance.
- Partner with Product, Sales, and Finance to ensure customer agreements and terms of service reflect our latest product offerings and applies a sensible approach to meeting compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Develop education, and training materials for our GTM teams on relevant topics such as key contract issues and fallback terms, data privacy, and legal compliance in the sales and contracting processes
- A Juris Doctor (JD) degree and admission to at least one active bar.
- 6+ years of combined experience practicing as a technology transactions or commercial attorney within a law firm and technology company
- Deep subject matter expertise in commercial transactions, SaaS, and enterprise B2B transactions
- Knowledge of or desire to learn more about product and privacy regulations (GDPR, CCPA, etc.) and the ability to incorporate and revise those evolving requirements into the customer facing agreements
- Process oriented with experience scaling all aspects of commercial legal operations (people, policies & processes, and platforms/tools) and building these areas from scratch
- Experience working for a global organization with strong interpersonal skills to connect with colleagues across the organization.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) up and down the organization, from individuals and department leads to C-Suite
- Experience across other Legal areas such as employment, corporate, and transactions a plus
Duda is the leading web design platform for professionals. We serve all types of customers, from freelancers to digital agencies, all the way up to the largest hosting companies and SaaS platforms in the world!
Every Duda website is automatically optimized for Google PageSpeed and great out-of-the-box SEO - today, there are over 18M websites that are built by Duda’s platform, and counting.
Duda has partnered with some of the industry's biggest players, including TripAdvisor, GoDaddy, Thryv, Hibu, Tailor-Brands, Italiaonline, 1&1, Sensis, and many more!
Duda has received numerous awards and accolades, including being named PC Mag’s Editor’s Choice award four years in a row (2017-2020), CNET Best for Building a Customized Experience Award 2020, and G2 Crowd’s Awards for Best Support for Summer 2020, Leader for Website Builders, and #1 overall in “Results” and “Implementation.”
Duda was founded by Itai Sadan and Amir Glatt in 2009 and now has almost 200 employees across 4 global offices: Tel-Aviv, Palo Alto, Colorado and Brazil.WHAT WE OFFER
- A supportive, agile and creative work environment with rock star colleagues!
- Competitive compensation, on-going recognition, and most of all, a chance to learn, contribute and develop your skills.
- Opportunity to join an explosive industry, a successful and growing organization and an unmatched leadership team, passionate about their employees!
- Top-tier health benefits, 401(k), an education reimbursement fund, Udemy Learning Platform, unlimited PTO/vacation, and dedicated weekly work-from-home days
- Most of all we will give you fun, enthusiasm, support, a passion for healthy living, and never a dull moment!
We are currently working remotely, but plan on returning to a hybrid office model when it's safe to do so.
When we find the right person, we try to put our best foot forward with an offer that excites you. We consider the skills and experience you bring, what similar jobs pay in the Denver area and make sure there’s equal pay for equal work among those you’ll be working with. When meeting the requirements, the minimum of what you can expect for this position is $139,000. The actual offer will vary depending on the candidate's skills and competencies.