In-House Corporate Paralegal at JumpCloud
| Greater Denver Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:05 a.m. (MST) on Friday, February 4, 2022
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
About the Team:
JumpCloud is developing its legal team and you will be the second member. You will be joining the General Counsel and working directly with the business stakeholders at JumpCloud. As JumpCloud continues to grow, additional team members will be added.
What you’ll be doing:
- What you’ll be doing:
- Serve as primary point of contact for standard commercial agreements, such as non-disclosure, vendor, marketing, and independent contractor agreements
- Provide drafting and negotiating support for commercial agreements
- Provide continuing support on executed agreements (amendments, extensions, and terminations)
- Maintain and file corporate records, including state filings, annual reports, resolutions, board of director changes, etc.
- Oversee the signature process for agreements and maintain the commercial contract database and due diligence database
- Assist General Counsel with stock plan administration
- Maintain the intellectual property portfolio
- Assist the General Counsel with special projects, such as mergers and acquisitions and financings
We’re looking for:
- We’re looking for:
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, are a must with the ability to work with a cross-functional team
- Skills in analyzing contractual risk; drafting and negotiating experience
- Experience with security and technology contracts a plus
- Experience with data protection issues and compliance a plus
- Is highly organized with great attention to detail, ability to work independently and manage several simultaneous projects
- Has a sStrong work ethic with a customer/client focused approach
- Is Must be flexible and adaptable to a changing environment as the JumpCloud grows
- Is comfortable with a remote-first environment
- Takes initiative and pursue opportunities for improving efficiency. Quick learner who can develop skills rapidly
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Bachelor’s Degree/Associate’s Degree with Paralegal certification
- At least five years of relevant work experience ideally in an in-house environment
- Experience in legal drafting
- Excellent computer skills (Adobe, Microsoft, Google)
- Experience with SalesForce and Carta, a plus
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role, depending on individual candidate level and experience, is $80,000 - $100,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First. If a role requires you to be in a certain location or country, that will be clearly stated in the job description. All roles posted in United States locations do require that you be located within one of the 50 U.S. States.
Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote, work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description