This Director or Senior Counsel role will support the company's privacy program goals and compliance obligations, specifically with respect to global marketing and lead generation. The role will be responsible for understanding and advising on various global privacy regulations and reviewing marketing and demand generation service agreements and related DPAs, event agreements and templates, commercial email campaigns and surveys, development and review of contest rules and collateral, and sponsorship and partner agreements pertaining to collection, use, and sharing of personal data in accordance with regulatory and contractual requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build strong cross-functional relationships that support and enable marketing, customer engagement, and product support teams to achieve successful business outcomes.
- Review and negotiate various types of contracts, including marketing and event service agreements, DPAs and security addenda, and relevant SaaS agreements.
- Prepare and/or review program terms and collateral for contests and surveys.
- Develop and maintain appropriate templates and guidelines for emails (commercial and transactional), data sharing arrangements, media releases, and guidelines for outreach by marketing, support, and sales ops teams.
- Assist Privacy program with implementing and applying marketing opt-outs and contact preferences, data subject access requests pertaining to data held by marketing and do-not-sell requests under the CCPA.
- Stay informed of applicable laws, regulations and industry guidance that may impact marketing and marketing uses of personal data, including through changes to data privacy laws.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates knowledge of key marketing and lead generation concepts and technologies, as well as compliance obligations for state, federal, and international regulations and laws pertaining to the use of personal data for marketing purposes, including, but not limited to, the CAN-SPAM Act, COPPA, the ePrivacy Regulation, and email marketing laws worldwide.
- Understanding of core privacy and data protection principles under the GDPR and/or CCPA, online privacy laws, and best practices for data enrichment.
- Strong relationship-building, problem-solving, and collaboration skills and the ability to effectively influence and communicate privacy-related marketing concepts.
- Proven ability to successfully multi-task, remain responsive and agile to changes in business priorities, and to deliver pragmatic, risk-based recommendations to the business.
- Demonstrated ability to work and manage time spent on projects independently and with little supervision while performing duties.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- JD from a top law school; member of at least one state bar in good standing.
- Minimum of 7 years (Senior Counsel) or 10 years (Director) direct experience in the legal practice of privacy, marketing, or technology law and revising service agreements and marketing collateral required. Role will be filled at the level and title aligning to the candidate's specific, relevant skills and experience.
- In-house experience strongly preferred.
- Experience implementing and maintaining an opt-in/opt-out program; developing terms for contests, drawings, and events; and negotiating partnership and data-sharing agreements.
- Experience guiding teams in implementing marketing preference centers, cookie management tools, and webforms.
IAPP Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) or willingness to complete such certification within a reasonable time following hire.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.