The Director of Corporate Counsel prepares, reviews, and advises on contracts, agreements, and other related documents. He/she provides corporate legal advice and works closely with other departments to anticipate and protect against potential legal risks. The Director handles complex legal matters and projects.
Essential Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to):
- Prepares, reviews, and advises on contracts, agreements, and other related documents in order to protect company interests
- Conducts and maintains complex legal research related to various transactional matters; provides legal analysis and opinions related to such research
- Reviews and/or composes company policies, procedures, handbooks, etc.
- Recommends action based on legal precedents and principles
- Supports People Ops regarding employee relations issues
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Three (3) to five (5) years proven experience in corporate law
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Analytical ability with strong attention to detail
- Solid understanding of business context in which legal work is performed
Required Education & Certifications:
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school
- Current license to practice law in the state of Colorado
Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud-based SaaS distributor, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving over 6,000 partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best. We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
Pax8 not only wins numerous awards in our field but we have time and again been voted among the best places to work in Denver. We are committed to our goal of being the #1 employer of choice!
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.
Read Full Job Description