Corporate Counsel at Greenhouse Software
We believe in the power of hiring. Because the potential for people to do something outstanding has everything to do with being in the right role, on the right team, at the right time. That’s where Greenhouse comes in – from recruiting to on-boarding, we make software to help every company be great at hiring.
Greenhouse is looking for a Corporate Counsel to join our team!
This is an incredible opportunity to use your legal expertise to have a big impact on a growing B2B SaaS business. Reporting into our Head of Legal, you will lead the drafting and negotiation of a wide spectrum of commercial contracts and provide legal support to enable cross-functional teams to hit their goals.
The ideal person will navigate contracts with ease, collaborate with our Sales, Account Management, Accounting, and Security teams, and welcome the dynamic environment that comes with a growing company. If you're passionate about helping us take our Legal function to the next level, this may be the role for you!
Who will love this job:
- A problem-solver – you won’t back down from any question sent your way, whether it’s from a client, vendor, agency or internal team, and you understand when appropriate escalation is needed
- A meticulous communicator – you know the importance of specificity and detail when it comes to contractual language, and you possess the excellent written and verbal communication skills to deliver this
- A people person – you love building relationships and can establish yourself as the go-to legal expert within any cross-functional team. You’re the ideal combination of ambitious and humble; no task is too small for you to tackle
- A juggler – you can manage multiple priorities and set frameworks for how to execute them effectively within their deadlines
- A champion of sound judgment – you make decisions and provide guidance based on not only your legal background but also reasoning that aligns with the company’s sense of ethics, integrity and pragmatism
What you’ll do:
- Negotiate, draft and revise contracts for sales transactions in partnership with key stakeholders within the sales organization, among other groups.
- Manage contractual relationships with vendors, and lead and streamline other routine contract negotiation processes.
- Support the Legal team and other internal stakeholders on ad hoc projects related to emerging regulatory issues / policies / processes.
- Keep up to date on legal developments that affect our industry and support future initiatives accordingly.
You should have:
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts, preferably within an in-house legal department
- Experience working in the tech / SaaS space, preferred
- Familiarity with data privacy laws relevant to the industry (GDPR, CCPA, etc.)
- Ability to exercise integrity, prioritize appropriately, and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- JD degree and admission to a state bar
- Excellent research and writing capabilities, as well as interpersonal skills
- Flexibility, positivity, and a sense of humor
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your cover letter
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Who we are
At Greenhouse, we celebrate having a diverse group of hardworking employees – and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. In 2019, we were ranked #4 in Fortune’s Best Workplaces in New York and #5 in their Best Company Culture. We’ve also been recognized as a Best Company for Diversity by Comparably, and have been named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list. We pride ourselves on fostering a collaborative culture throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee's journey. From day one of our interview process to executive "Ask Me Anything" sessions, we consistently cultivate an inclusive environment.
For all our employees, we offer a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible vacation, disability coverage, employer paid life insurance, mental health resources, financial wellness benefits, and a fully paid parental leave program. For US-based employees, we offer commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan, and for Dublin-based employees we offer a pension plan.
Our success in making companies great at hiring depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. To that end, we’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce, and infusing DE&I throughout all of our internal practices. By ensuring that every Greenie is able to bring a diversity of talents to our work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Greenhouse, where we’re building a team to face the world’s increasingly complex and diverse hiring needs.