Compliance Manager at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
This Compliance team is uniquely positioned within FIS Corporate Compliance and is a part of the FIS RISC organization. Our mission is to promote ethical business practices and to support the Company and its employees in understanding and complying with the laws and regulations applicable to a consumer reporting data business. Led by the ChexSystems Compliance Officer, we help the Decision Solutions line of business remain compliant in a fast changing regulatory environment, we assess controls in place to ensure compliance, and we lead by providing ongoing compliance guidance to ensure compliance with applicable laws, including the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
What you will be doing
In this role you will support the FIS Consumer Reporting Agency, ChexSystems. You will be part of a team dedicated to helping the business ensure ongoing compliance with applicable laws, with a heavy focus on data and federal and state laws governing privacy. You will:
- Assist the Compliance Officer with facilitation of the compliance management program and management of the ChexSystems compliance team.
- Work closely with the Compliance Officer to accomplish Compliance and business initiatives.
- Facilitate compliance awareness through thought leadership including preparing regulatory training materials and executing the regulatory compliance training program.
- Manage, monitor, and track business compliance activities as designated by the Compliance Officer by establishing operational objectives and work plans.
- Identify areas of improvement for compliance controls, develop action plans, and manage and oversee projects through to completion.
- Provide updates to management including preparing periodic reporting.
- Monitor regulatory changes that impact consumer reporting and fraud detection products, services, business activities, and compliance management system.
- Respond to issues and matters pertaining to key regulatory compliance controls.
- Assist in providing final disposition of any discrepancies regarding compliance issues.
- Ensure strategic objectives of the Compliance & Ethics Program are met, including execution of risk assessment activities, coordination of risk response and program testing and validation.
- Identify key business processes, performs evaluations of risk, assesses the effectiveness of controls and promotes improvement across the organization through the deployment of risk response activities.
- Participate in development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs and people.
- Provide compliance reviews and direction for new and expanding products and services.
- Monitor compliance activities to verify that regulatory compliance deadlines and requirements are met.
- Interface with legal counsel and federal, state, and local agencies, as needed to address regulatory or compliance issues, concerns or questions.
- Assist the business with responses to customer compliance-specific questions and concerns.
- Prepare and approve internal and customer communications covering compliance issues (bulletins, position statements, monthly reports, etc.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Excellent project management skills
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Comprehensive knowledge of at least one substantive area of compliance, such as banking regulations, anti-money laundering, or anti-corruption
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to understand technical documents and legal or regulatory reference materials
- Ability to understand and apply learned concepts
- Demonstrated ability to plan and complete work within tight time limitations
- Ability to apply creative problem solving techniques and tools to compliance issues
- Ability to follow and conduct a compliance monitoring program
- Ability to provide information to a variety of audiences and deal effectively with confidential issues that are sensitive in nature
- Ability to share information with awareness of its effect on others
- Experience working with a consumer reporting agency or other data business
- Legal education or related regulatory job experience
What we offer you
- Possible international travel
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your skillset
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.