Commercial Counsel at Zoom Video Communications
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
The Commercial Counsel will have primary responsibility to review, advise and negotiate issues involving complex customer contracts. In addition, the position may at times be called upon to provide a variety of general commercial legal services to the organization and its in-house clients . The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills to interface with cross-functional teams and external customers. This position reports to the Associate General Counsel.
This role is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for technology, excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment. This position requires extensive experience negotiating and drafting complex commercial contracts.
- Review, draft and negotiate complex commercial contracts or other legal documentation with customers, suppliers, and others who desire to contract with the Company.
- Provide legal and strategic business advice to ensure agreements are consistent with internal corporate policies and processes.
- Transaction support for other departments as required.
- Trusted advisor and business partner across the company by providing counsel and guidance for accomplishing Zoom's overall business objectives.
- 5+ years combined experience in law firm and/or in-house legal department; experience within a fast-paced technology company is advantageous.
- Law Degree from a reputable institution, and license to practice in one of 50 U.S. States.
- Excellent negotiation, drafting and communication skills with the ability to support sales departments and managing enterprise sales deals.
- Ability to lead diverse teams through complex negotiations, keeping all tasks organized and stakeholders clearly informed of deliverables and timelines.
- Comfort with handling topics such as revenue recognition, data privacy, and security in the customer contract context.
- Ability to understand business objectives and think creatively and outside-the-box to find resolutions to achieve requirements of all parties.
- Highly responsive with a service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to give succinct, commercially driven legal advice.
- Works well autonomously and in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Sound and practical business judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide the highest level of legal work-product
- Possesses excellent and persuasive writing skills
- Ability to provide thought leadership on strategic matters as well as execute on tactical operational details
- Ability to work quickly and competently to prioritize, manage, and multi-task in a fast-pace working environment
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task, prioritize and follow-through on numerous projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
- Self-starter and able to work well independently and as part of a team, with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
This position can be based out of a Zoom office or remote in the US.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .