Associate Legal Counsel at Ibotta
Ibotta is seeking an Associate Legal Counsel to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers.
- Draft and negotiate complex legal agreements, including commercial contracts, master services agreements, statements of work, insertion orders, marketing agreements, vendor agreements, and data license agreements.
- Negotiate issues in a way that provides maximum facilitation for the efforts of every other department - combine the skills of a businessperson and a lawyer.
- Ensure agreements and transactions with customers and partners comply with Ibotta’s policies and applicable law.
- Keep relevant internal and external stakeholders apprised of pertinent legal and regulatory developments impacting Ibotta’s business and industry.
- Provide legal support in connection with developing risk-management processes and resolving potential compliance issues.
What we are looking for:
- Technical skills: You will need an understanding of general contract drafting and contract construction principles, standard contract provisions, and general negotiation skills. Exposure to employment practices law, securities law and commercial litigation are desired but not essential (we’ll teach you).
- 1-3 years of experience at a law firm or an in-house position.
- A J.D. from an accredited law school; if necessary, the ability to pass the Colorado bar in the first 6-9 months of working at Ibotta.
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, an attractive benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), a lifestyle spending account, a 401k plan with company-matching contributions, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $85,000-$125,000, plus an annual variable compensation (bonus) component.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels