Lead HR Business Partner- G&A (Denver)
At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Klaviyo is looking for a Lead HR Business Partner to join our People team. This role will support our G&A functions and will partner closely across People (HRBPs, Talent Acquisition and the Centers of Expertise) to drive strategic people initiatives and performance and talent management activities to build organizational capability.
This role will be embedded with the business and will work closely with the leadership teams on all organizational and people related matters. We are looking for a strategic and empathetic partner who will act as a sounding board and thought leader, coach senior leaders, managers and employees, and become a trusted advisor to the business. In partnership with each leadership team, this individual will be aligning the HR strategy to business objectives, ensuring the team is structured optimally, supporting employee development, and planning/executing strategic HR initiatives. This person will be an expert at driving large-scale change management in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
How you’ll make a difference:
- Provides strategic HR business partnership and coaching to leaders to impact the engagement, development, and retention of talent
- Identifies organizational gaps, and deploys impactful people strategies that enable the teams to perform effectively, and scale efficiently
- In partnership with the Talent Management COE, supports the creation, launch, and execution of all Talent Management initiatives such as performance reviews, succession planning, and organizational design
- In partnership with the Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion team, serves as an advocate, coach, and facilitator for building diverse and inclusive teams
- Utilizes data to derive insights on people trends to recommend, implement, and manage projects and programs, partnering with People Analytics where necessary
- Supports all employees and addresses needs and concerns when any issues arise
- Provides counsel and guidance on complex employee relations situations
- Collaborates with the HRBP team to build and implement programs and initiatives across client organizations
- Partners across People teams within People Operations, People Technology, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Learning & Development, Compensation, and EDI, to support and deploy programs throughout the organization
Who you are:
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources or related field
- 8+ years of HRBP experience, ideally with direct experience supporting G&A functions (Finance, People, Legal, Information Security and/or Global Technology functions)
- Experience leading or mentoring junior HR Business Partners
- Extensive experience partnering with executive leaders in a business line or function; playing a key role in accelerating business results.
- Experience influencing and advising leaders on talent and employment situations
- Experience coaching teams and leaders at all levels of the organization on personal and team development
- Strong analytic skills with the ability to draw insights and influence data-driven decisions
- Excellent leadership, communication, listening, and presentation skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and a self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and manage multiple, complex, competing priorities
- Proven ability to influence and drive change management in a rapidly scaling environment and building this capability in others
- Expertise navigating within ambiguous situations, with high levels of autonomy
- Experience identifying, designing, and deploying HR interventions within the business
- Demonstrated experience and a passion for strong collaboration with others (People team COEs, cross-functional partners, HRBP peers, etc.) to build world class teams
The pay range for this role is listed below. Sales roles are also eligible for variable compensation and hourly non-exempt roles are eligible for overtime in accordance with applicable law. This role is eligible for benefits, including: medical, dental and vision coverage, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), flexible paid time off and company-paid holidays and a culture of learning that includes a learning allowance and access to a professional coaching service for all employees.
Pay Range For US Locations:
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our company takes the security and privacy of job applicants very seriously. We will never ask for payment, bank details, or personal financial information as part of the application process. All our legitimate job postings can be found on our official career site. Please be cautious of job offers that come from non-company email addresses (@klaviyo.com), instant messaging platforms, or unsolicited calls. If you suspect a fraudulent job posting or receive suspicious communications that appear to be from our company, please contact us immediately at [email protected].
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here.