Technical Intern - Emergency Management at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a 10-week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future employment and the ability to participate in the Ball Aerospace Remote Sensing Team (BIRST) program to build and launch a rocket or high-altitude balloon. At the conclusion of your internship, you will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
Technical Intern - Emergency Management
This position will assist the Emergency Management Coordinator in developing and implementing an enterprise-wide Emergency Management program.
What You’ll Do:
- Support all emergency management initiatives related to enterprise preparedness, incident response, recovery, and hazard mitigation.
- Identify and assess various hazards while implementing strategies to minimize the occurrence and impact of such hazards.
- Conduct emergency management trainings including personal/family preparedness and basic incident management.
- Assist in the development and implementation of emergency response plans, gap analyses, and risk reduction activities.
- Develop and execute tabletop, functional, and full-scale exercises consistent with Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) principles.
- Facilitate After Action Review discussions and document associated improvement plans.
- Act as liaison between program management, project teams, and functional management.
- Evaluate and resolve project issues to meet defined goals and objectives.
- Plan, monitor, document, and execute mitigation plans for project risk.
- Develop, use, and maintain tools to monitor project progress.
- Manage project stakeholder expectations.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2022. We will also accept students enrolled in a post graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Pursuing a degree in in Emergency Management or a related field.
- National Incident Management System (NIMS) ICS courses 100, 200, 700 and 800 preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $19.30 - $27.50 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Temporary positions typically are not eligible for benefits. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.