Services Sales Intern (Spring 2019)
We are looking for a Services Sales Associate who will support the team by making connections with Publishers that are not currently discounting with Sovrn. The role requires daily outreach to publishers through direct outreach, cold calls, inbound leads, and marketing qualified leads.
What you’ll be doing:
- Recruit existing Sovrn publishers into the discounting program.
- Take time to understand the Publishers’ overarching goals, both advertising and non-advertising, and identify ways that we can help them achieve those goals specifically through discounting.
- Manage your sales funnel from prospecting to optimization of accounts.
You’re driven, thoughtful, and curious. You anticipate problems before they happen, and you have a backup solution. You’re comfortable working with and managing multidisciplinary teams across multidisciplinary projects. Above all, you’re open to learning, and you’re not afraid to take out the trash.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent prospecting and closing skills demonstrated through a proven track record of closing and growing business
- The ability to write succinct, crisp emails and possess great phone presence to quickly establish rapport with stakeholders
- Internet savvy and strong proficiency in office productivity tools (Gmail, Google Apps, MS Excel)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to utilize tools such as Linkedin, and other social media outlets
- Strong organizational skills and capable of prioritizing and managing daily duties.
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results.
- Excellent computer skills.
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help publishers do more of what they want to do—and less of what they don’t