Legal Intern (Summer 2021) at SonderMind
SonderMind is looking to add a Legal Intern for this summer! The Legal Intern will assist the Legal Counsel with a wide range of regulatory and compliance matters that affect the company as it embarks on rapid national expansion. On any given day, assignments may include research into state healthcare regulations, contract drafting, and contract review. The Legal Intern also drafts legal resources for SonderMind’s Provider Network (currently 1500 providers and growing!). The Legal Intern works in collaboration with marketing, strategy and projects, provider success, and the clinical team. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a disruptive and rapidly growing start-up in the behavioral health space.
Our Ideal Candidate
As our ideal candidate, you are currently in your second year of law school, and have shown an interest in healthcare law and/or behavioral health through your coursework. You are eager to learn, while not being afraid to take on new challenges. You are a clear communicator, and enjoy collaborating with different teams. You thrive in a fast paced environment.
What You Will Learn
- Develop a deep understanding of health care compliance regulations applicable to SonderMind’s business
- Learn how to draft, negotiate and review common agreements such as Business Associate Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, and Independent Contractor Agreements.
- Draft educational legal resources, such as informed consent templates, authorization for the release of information, etc., to be distributed to SonderMind therapists
- Assist the Legal Counsel with other tasks as they come up.
- Currently in second year of law school (expected graduation 2022)
- Strong legal research and writing skills
- Interest in healthcare law and behavioral health
- Team player with a collaborative mindset
- Enjoys a fast paced, start-up environment
Nice to Have
- Experience in healthcare/public health
- Healthcare law coursework
- Basic knowledge of healthcare regulations including the Corporate Practice of Medicine Doctrine, HIPAA, Anti-kickback statutes
- The internship will be for 10 weeks, and will be a full-time non-exempt position
- The hourly pay for this position will be $20.00/hr
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and transcript. In your cover letter, please explain how your experience and coursework would allow you to be successful in this internship.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.