Internal Audit Manager - Business Process at Invitae (Formerly ArcherDx)
Invitae is a rapidly-growing, technology-driven company whose mission is to bring comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medical practice to improve the quality of healthcare for billions of people. We are committed to protecting the data and privacy of our customers and employees. The Internal Audit function will play a critical role in scaling the organization, ensuring that security and privacy commitments, and building an environment of internal controls. The initial focus of this position is on business process improvement and controls implementation for new products and business units.
We are seeking an experienced, flexible and collaborative Internal Audit Manager to join our team to help us through a period of high growth. Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-growth, high-tech healthcare environment. This role will initially focus on our Boulder-based oncology practice, but will expand to other corporate areas as needed.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible with changing direction and priorities, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- You are a self-motivated, inquisitive thinker with the ability to connect information and challenge the status quo to find innovative solutions.
- You bring a positive attitude to work, run effective meetings, leaving people feeling energized and with a clear direction.
- You enjoy working with business process owners across the company to assist in the assessment and improvement of their processes.
- You have the flexibility to adapt to changing direction and priorities, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- You are comfortable working in a flexible, non-traditional environment. You can differentiate between a process that is different and one that creates risk, and can clearly articulate the risk. You have moral courage to defend your position when you see significant issues and risk.
What You’ll Do (Primary Areas of Responsibility):
- As an Internal Audit Manager, you will be a part of a growing team delivering an innovative assurance and consulting approach that enables the fast paced, dynamic environment at Invitae.
- As the Manager for new products and acquisitions, you will initially have responsibility for assessing existing processes, designing internal controls and developing roadmaps for process improvement. You will work with a team of external consultants to evolve and automate business processes.
- You will conduct internal process and risk reviews, brainstorming to design innovative solutions, assessing effectiveness of controls, applying critical thinking and analysis, and communicating risks to internal stakeholders.
- You will manage compliance efforts for new products and business units (including SOX compliance), creating tasks and milestones, assigning resources and driving positive and measurable outcomes.
- Experience with, and a solid understanding of, business processes, particularly financial processes such as Quote to Cash, Revenue and Period Close.
- Knowledge and experience evaluating and testing internal controls over financial reporting
- Knowledge of healthcare systems and compliance requirements is a plus
- ERP controls knowledge
- Ability to work in a flexible, non-traditional environment
- Personality that unites people
- Ability to see the big picture and discern risk from distraction
- Capability to manage external resources and eventually direct reports
- Work with External Auditors, Big-4 experience is a plus
- Six Sigma black belt or other business process improvement certification is preferred, though not required
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- 5+ years of Internal Audit, Public Accounting, or equivalent business experience
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or similar certification is preferred
We can hire the individual into our Boulder, CO office or San Francisco, CA Office. *Expected pay rate in Colorado from $95K.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.