Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a 10-week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future employment and the ability to participate in the Ball Aerospace Remote Sensing Team (BIRST) program to build and launch a rocket or high-altitude balloon. At the conclusion of your internship, you will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
Intern - Risk Management Data Analyst
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for contributing to building Ball’s Risk Management program from the risk of threat optic.
- Research and analyze external threat patterns through publications, Internet searches, and interviewing Ball Subject Matter Experts to track the evolving threat landscape.
- Create risk of threat analysis data, pending candidate’s skill set.
- Sort existing data, quantitative and qualitative, and combine with newly collected data.
- Analyze data collected, combine with existing data, and identify patterns, generate conclusions, and provide recommendations.
- Estimate cost of projects associated with recommendation(s).
- Work with Ball’s security team to align recommendations to current budget items.
- Culminate the research, analysis, and budget work to create a presentation to management showing data results and recommendations for improvement to safeguard against risk of threat.
- Assist with maintaining Risk Management Database.
- Take full responsibility for tasks, including consistent review of own work to identify and improve an approach for producing high-quality work products, while working under supervision.
- Work collaboratively with the team and other departments to assess risk within the organization.
- Identify, review, and use Ball Business Process Library documents and use during data collection to ascertain if additional related security measures are needed in the document.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2022. We will also accept students enrolled in a post graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Analyst experience.
- Cybersecurity studies or training is a plus; Manufacturing or Electrical Engineering training also a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, with ability to multi-task.
- Basic knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint especially.
- Experience with Statistical Analysis a plus.
- Critical Thinking.
- Organized, motivated, team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confidence to work with Ball employees not on the Risk Management team to learn from them, build relationships, and collect information to turn into data.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $16.25 - $21.85 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Temporary positions typically are not eligible for benefits. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.