Intern - Logistics at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Ball is recruiting for our Summer 2021 interns. Applicants must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university. In addition, applicants must be enrolled fall semester 2021. This will be a full-time position for the summer for 10 weeks starting near the end of May 2021.
Position is located in Westminster, Colorado
The Ball Corporation Internship Program is a summer program that provides candidates with:
- Practical experience on relevant projects while working with designated mentors
- A competitive salary
- Possible future employment
- Housing stipend
- In-house training
- Group activities
There are many recreational opportunities along the Colorado Front Range. Our state is famous for its skiing, hiking, biking, mountain climbing and beautiful scenery. We are also just 30 minutes from Denver, with access to all of the amenities that the mile high city has to offer. Over the course of a summer session, students are encouraged to participate in social and recreational activities, many of which are organized by the College Relations Department. Mentors and department co-workers enjoy spending time with students at many of the activities.
Requirement for applying:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or have Resident Alien status.
Resumes/Cover Letters must include:
- Current major
- Expected graduation date
Internship will include:
- Partner with departments leads of transportation, warehousing, and/or import/export on strategic projects to innovate and support growth of logistics capabilities for Ball Corporation
- Drive cost and service improvement initiatives through optimization Ball Corporation's logistics network
- Support key initiatives already in flight within logistics such as automated driver check-in, warehouse optimization, Autonomous Guided Vehicles (AGVs), etc.
- Analyze future opportunities to aid in prioritizing initiatives such as electric trucks, autonomous tractors (Tesla, Otto Autonomous, etc.), conveyor systems, radio shuttles, or other cutting edge technology we could implement at Ball Corporation
- MBA student or Graduating Senior (preferably supply chain/logistics background)
- Attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Can be flexible moving from one project to the next
- Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills
Compensation & Benefits:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in "@ball.com." Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans