Data Services Intern (Summer 2019)
Through our publishers, Sovrn Holdings reaches over 200 million people every day, generating over 10 billion HTTP requests daily. These requests must be processed in less than 250 milliseconds, and result in several petabytes of data on a monthly basis. The exciting technical problems we solve require a world class team and engineering culture to deliver against our mission.
We are looking for a Data intern for May 2019 - August 2019 who will support our Data Solutions team by completing and presenting projects that fulfill immediate business needs. You’ll gain solid exposure to the digital data ecosystem as part of our dynamic internship program and expand upon your professional skill set in a unique and fun environment.
About the job
As a data intern you will be responsible for supporting the Data Solutions business development team. This includes monitoring reports, measuring and graphing client performance, and making connections with Publishers that are not currently working with Sovrn by marketing qualified leads. The Data intern is responsible for supporting and growing Sovrn’s Data as a Service business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Qualifying leads for linkage publisher relationships
- Schedule phone meetings with prospective publishers
- Tracking discrepancies with buyer reports
- Graphing trends in client reporting and forecasting revenue
- Monitoring reports to gauge system health through AWS BI tools
- Stay up to date on industry trends through personal research and initiative
You’re driven, thoughtful, curious, and organized. You anticipate problems before they happen, and you have a backup solution. You’re comfortable working with and managing multidisciplinary projects. Above all, you’re open to learning.
The successful candidate will have:
- Undergraduate pursuing bachelor's degree.
- Excitement about being part of a fast paced Data Solutions team.
- Ability to work 15 hours a week.
- Ability to commit to a term of no less than 4 months.
- Experience in microsoft office programs such as Excel and Powerpoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Desire for professional growth opportunities and to be in a dynamic learning environment.
- Strong organizational skills and capable of prioritizing and managing daily duties.
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results.
- Excellent computer skills.
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t