The Intern would work in support of Data Science activities across GHX. An experienced Data Scientist will be assigned as a primary contact to communicate assignments and provide necessary guidance. The Intern will be given instructions and directions for continuous training on the job as required for the assignments and be expected to collaborate with GHX employees and other interns. Please only apply if you live currently in the greater Denver area.
- Expertise in at least one programming language.
- Familiarity with basic statistical concepts.
- Interest in a career in data science.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Working towards a degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or other technical/science degree.
- Foundational knowledge of SW engineering principles.
- Course work or experience in one or more of the following: machine learning, optimization, mathematical statistics, simulation, experimental design, ODEs, PDEs, probability models.
- Ability to create simple web-based interface to explore research results.
- Knowledge of DBMS technologies and SQL.
- Experience in at least one data science oriented language (R, Python, Matlab, Julia, Matlab, Mathematica, etc.).
- Research and analysis of large data sets.
- Learn about and apply various data science methods.
- Define and execute model building and testing strategies and compile relevant data sets.
- Produce reproducible research reports detailing findings.
- Produce modular reusable code.
- Work with development and product teams to build internal and external business solutions.
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
As a healthcare technology company, GHX helps hospitals and the suppliers they work with increase efficiency, lower costs and, ultimately, provide better patient care. With the largest footprint in the healthcare supply chain, we deliver cloud-based technology and strategic healthcare consulting services enabling organizations like yours to make the best use of that technology. GHX helps automate and eliminate manual supply chain processes. As a result, transactions move faster. Visibility into supply chain data improves. Hard-dollar savings can be realized. Resources can be reallocated, driven by the dramatic improvements in efficiency our solutions deliver.
and Omaha, Nebraska.
GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)