Data Science Intern at Billtrust
What you'll do
The Billtrust Data Science / Machine Learning Intern should be tech savvy and have an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You should have solid research skills, triaging abilities and the ability to collaborate well with cross-functional teams. This is an opportunity to gain exposure to some of the fundamental aspects of building scalable software using modern cloud technologies, while having the chance to leverage your strong academic knowledge.
- Work directly with engineering, quality assurance, product and other teams to gain an understanding of creating and automating our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions
- Develop code for our customer-facing web applications, as well as our testing tools
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and departments within the organization to help with their machine learning needs
- Perform analysis to help evaluate solution capabilities
- Special projects at the discretion of the Vice President, Development
What you'll bring to the team
- Ability to program in Python, R, or similar programming languages
- Demonstrated leadership and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Availability to participate in the Summer Internship Program full-time, for approximately 12 weeks
- Enrollment in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, or related STEM degree
How you'll grow
This is not your typical internship program of filing papers and taking coffee orders. You’ll gain firsthand experiences in a rapidly growing, innovative SaaS (software as a service) company unlike any other.
- Receive a robust on-boarding and training experience as well as on-going feedback throughout the program
- Social outings and events to network with fellow interns and Billtrust’s SMEs
- Talent Talks to cultivate your professional skills through interactive workshops (e.g. Networking Techniques, Interviewing Best Practices, and more)
- Carry-out interesting, hands-on tasks while developing a capstone project to present at the conclusion of the program
Learn, grow, and prosper -- all while enjoying #LifeatBilltrust.
What you'll get
- Competitive Pay: We appreciate our interns and we make sure they know it.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
Who we are
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $30B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 18 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.