Applied Data Science Intern - Summer 2021 at HomeAdvisor
HomeAdvisor is seeking an Applied Data Science Intern to join the Enterprise Intelligence team for our 10-week, remote summer internship. You will develop tools and processes, identify opportunities in our systems and work on specific initiatives for (and with) business teams, all with oversight by senior members of the team.
Qualities that make a great candidate:
- Pursuing a MS in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical/science degree graduating in 2022 or prior
- Ability to communicate with people of varying levels of technical ability
- Comfortable learning independently and asking for help
- Experience in at least one data science oriented language (R, Python, Matlab, Julia, etc.)
- Strong interest and desire to learn how to apply data science concepts to real world applications
- Familiarity with basic statistical concepts
- Course work or experience in one or more of the following: machine learning, statistical modeling, probability modeling, optimization
- Development experience in R or Python
- Exposure to SQL based languages
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
Interns work 40 hours/week. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required on the first day of employment including F-1 students using OPT, CPT, TN, or STEM.