Accounting Student – Part-Time – Winter 2019-2020 at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Accounting Student – Part-Time – Winter 2019-2020
Who is Arrow Electronics?
Globally headquartered in Centennial, Colorado, Arrow provides extraordinary value to customers and suppliers - the best technology companies in the world and connects them through the company's industry-leading services. A Fortune 500 company with 20,000 employees worldwide and 2018 Sales of nearly $30 billion, Arrow brings technology solutions to a breadth of markets, including telecommunications, information systems, transportation, medical, industrial, and consumer electronics.
Why Be a Student Hire?
- Hands-on approach to learning and applying your Accounting education
- Exposure to international business with complex accounting systems
- Real world experience in Fortune 113 company
- Gain experience in general ledger, reconciliations and financial reporting
We have exciting opportunities for several Accounting Student Hires. These positions would work part-time (approx. 19 hours per week) through the Winter. These positions may function in a role similar to a Staff Accountant by evaluating transactions and records to the general ledger as necessary to ensure the financials are accurate and complete. Additionally, you may be involved with the day to day function of the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance efforts, including coordination of resources, review of work, ensuring test results are properly documented, and any other issues are appropriately raised. There will be several options available.
Requirements & Skills
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent with, an expected graduation date no later than December 2021 (must be currently enrolled)
- 3.0 GPA or Higher
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize based on opportunities and effectively multitask
- Experience using Microsoft Office with intermediate excel skills (Vlookups & Pivot Tables)
- Detail oriented mindset
- Familiarity with accounting principles
This is a paid position.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)