We're problem-solvers and self-starters, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to dig deep into impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate, and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
The Data Science team lies at the foundation of Zoom's success. We are looking for a Data Scientist Intern in Product Analytics ! With a focus on scaling Zoom's product insights engine in a period of hyper growth, you'll be working cross-functionally with teams of Product Managers, Data Engineers, Sales and Product Marketing Managers on some of the most critical projects in the company.
As a member of the Data Science team focusing on Product, you will play an important role in driving the growth of Zoom by surfacing, analyzing, and reporting on data that drives mission-critical business decisions.
Our Global Emerging Talent Intern Program offers additional support through dedicated mentorship, technical trainings, a leadership speaker series, and team specific events. Ample time is dedicated to networking and plenty of fun. Come spend your summer learning and applying your technical smarts at Zoom!
This paid internship will last approximately 12 weeks during the summer of 2022. The program offers cutting edge projects, opportunities to work with cross-functional teams, as well as a mix of additional types of learning in areas of leadership and business acumen -- and is packed full of fun!
What you will do:
- Provide Data Science partnership to the Product Managers, Sales and Product Marketing Managers
- Unlock new opportunities for growth by discovering insights, automate processes, and predictive modeling
- Execute Product-driven data projects from database to analysis to insights to presentations
- Write efficient code and build effective models to fuel analytical frameworks and dashboards
- Develop analytical frameworks for future strategic initiatives and provide recommendations to Product Managers to drive feature design decisions
- Perform variance analyses against critical benchmarks to identify the root cause behind Product usage trends
- Build/modify/maintain dashboards and reports to regularly communicate key Sales/Product metrics and KPIs
- Work with Product Managers to measure, analyze, and set critical metrics to drive product success
- Currently pursuing a BS/BA, Masters, or PhD degree in Business/Economics, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science or a related STEM field.
- Strong SQL and Data Modeling skills
- Passionate to learn about growth principles, product development, and product go-to-market processes
- Great organization skills, problem solving, and communication skills
- Self-driven with the ability to work in a self-guided manner
- Highly analytical with attention to detail
***Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States***
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram