2022 Audio DSP Engineer (Intern) at Zoom Video Communications (Remote)
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar.
We're problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
This paid internship is for a duration of approximately 10-12 weeks during the Summer of 2022. The program offers cutting edge projects, as well as a mix of additional types of learning in areas of leadership and business acumen-- and is packed full of fun! Our goal is to provide our interns with world class managed experiences, so we can ensure happiness occurs every step of the way!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Design, deploy and maintain the DSP algorithms for front-end audio processing.
- Contribute in improving the current audio front-end processing in both hearing perceptual and computational complexity.
- Reviewing code for testability, maintainability and adhering to best practices.
- Partner with technical support and customer success, while also communicating with our customers to help resolve audio related issues.
- At least 18 years old, currently enrolled in a four year academic institution completing a Masters or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related STEM field.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States. Due to the limited duration of this program, sponsorship for employment visa status is not available for this position.
- Availability to complete the full 10-12 week internship program during Summer 2022, with a time commitment of approximately 30-40 hours per week.
- Highly proficient coding skills with C/C++, Matlab or Python.
- Strong knowledge of Digital Signal Processing, Statistics, Data structures, Machine learning.
- Ability to crystallize vague concepts into concise plans with clear documentation.
- Detail oriented, organized, ethical, responsible, and self-motivated.
- Team player, ability to work effectively in a matrix organization.
- A passion for Zoom's mission, vision, values, and culture.
Nice to have:
- Experience with audio front-end processing such as Acoustic Echo Cancellation, Automatic Gain Control, Noise Suppression, DeReverb, Beamforming
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art deep learning models is a plus.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways. To view our benefits, click here .
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .