Corporate Immigration Attorney
You will provide counsel on an array of immigration law issues across the U.S. as well as matters respecting foreign immigration legal concerns, working to ensure that Arrow Electronics, Inc. maintains legal status pursuant to U.S. Immigration laws. Moreover, you will also coordinate and collaborate with Arrow’s EMEA and APAC teams to create global continuity of the immigration practices and internal procedures.
As Arrow’s immigration attorney, you will advise on immigration issues triggered by new hires, transfers, secondments, extended employment, short term “project loans,” terminations and other events, collaborating routinely with Office Immigration Contacts (OICs), individual foreign nationals and other internal stakeholders (e.g. Recruiting, HR, Mobility, Tax, Learning, among others) in the U.S. and globally to support Arrow’s immigration needs.
You will also be responsible for reviewing non-immigrant and immigrant petition and application filings to the U.S. Immigration and Citizenship Services, U.S. Dept of Labor, U.S. State Dept and possibly other government agencies. You will also be responsible for preparation of informational materials, data collection, sharing information and administrative processes.
In addition, you will monitor material changes to the legal and/or enforcement environments respecting U.S. immigration law, developing recommendations for changes in our approach and researching and drafting communications to stakeholders accordingly.
You will troubleshoot and remediate immigration emergencies (e.g., denial of entry at airport, denial of visa at consulate, rush transfers/project loans, unexpected lapse in U.S. employment authorization, or other urgent events. Participating in the development, drafting and interpretation of U.S. and global immigration related informational communications and policies.
- JD degree and current bar admission (in good standing) in any state in the United States, Colorado preferred
- Minimum 6 years of U.S. business immigration law experience (with top law firm or multinational corporation)
- Experience must include strategic planning and preparation of H-1Bs, H-3s, L’s, TN’s, B-1s, E-3s, O-1s, PERM labor certifications, EB1-1, EB1-3, EB-2 and marriage based greencard cases
- Experience must include in-depth knowledge and counselling regarding H-1B and L-1B employment issues
- Impeccable business and risk management judgment and ethics
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills
- Highly autonomous and highly collaborative, as necessary
- Confident team player with strong leadership and influencing skills
- Self-starter with ability to drive tasks and projects to completion
- Ability to develop relationships and advocate on behalf of the Company
- Enjoys working in a challenging, fast-paced, dynamic professional services environment
- Immigration training for Arrow management and employees
Non-Customer Facing/Supplier Facing