Technical Recruiter at Outrider
Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety, increase efficiency, and optimize their workforce. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, and other top-tier investors.
We're looking for an outstanding technical recruiter to help us build an industry-leading team of automation and SaaS experts -- be they engineering, commercial, or operations focused.
You'll need to research, hustle, network, and pitch in a variety of ways to identify, connect with, and entice the most sought-after talent in mobile robotics -- one of the smallest, most competitive, and most exotic areas of technology right now. Along the way, you'll develop the relationships, processes, tools and metrics that make the Outrider recruiting and hiring process delightful to candidates and both predictable and efficient for the company.
As the Technical Recruiter at Outrider, you'll work closely with engineering leads to establish, refine, and execute our technical staffing and recruitment strategy. This means close collaboration to determine the right requirements, backgrounds, and assessment approaches to identify exceptional talent. You'll then own the plan for getting great engineers on board. Along the way, you'll need to be ready to quickly reorganize priorities to meet changing expectations inside and outside the company.
This role will focus heavily on robotics software engineering roles -- machine learning, planning, navigation, embedded systems, controls -- that are critical to the performance of the Outrider System, a logistics automation product that transforms distribution yard environments into safe, efficient, autonomous logistics operations.
This position plays an essential role in building the organization that will deliver a breakthrough logistics automation system. The opportunity offers a very talented recruiter the chance to drive a business that combines autonomous vehicle technology with a software-as-a-service (SaaS) business model.
The ideal candidate will embrace our goal to drive zero-emission, self-driving vehicle adoption, and help us realize our potential to define, build, and lead a new, category of robotic automation for the enterprise.
Duties and responsibilities
- Design, lead, and execute an engineering/technical staffing plan
- Identify, recruit, and close engineering candidates according to plan
- Meet all staffing plan criteria - quantity, quality, schedule, and cost
- Employ creative techniques and approaches to securing interest and getting top talent in front of the Outrider team
- Perform all administrative duties necessary to support the above with precision and enthusiasm - e.g., scheduling with candidates and the internal team, providing background materials, signing NDAs
- Outstanding track record sourcing, recruiting, and closing exceptional technical talent for software, hardware, systems or robotics companies