Talent Acquisition Manager
Greater Denver Area
Establish Pie as the preeminent commercial insurance among small business owners by building a best-in-class recruiting team that will produce top talent and grow our organization. You’ll be joining Pie at an exciting time as we were recently named to DC Inno’s 50 on Fire.
How You’ll Do It
Pie believes in the power of human potential. Hiring amazing talent is core to our ability to serve the small business community. As our first Talent Acquisition Manager, you will have a direct and enormous impact on Pie’s ability to scale our business by recruiting exceptional fellow Pie-oneers. Who we recruit sets the interview slate and, ultimately, who becomes a Pie-oneer. Diversity, innovation, inclusion, achievement, culture - everything starts with who we recruit and the attitudes and mindsets those individuals bring to work each day.
Pie's recruiting process is collaborative. Your hiring leaders are incredibly focused on finding the best person for the role and for the team. Yes, this position will also allow Pie to increase the speed in which we are able to respond to business demand. And, this increased speed will be done through the understanding and establishment of a best-in-class recruiting process. What will matter most, however, is the fit, quality and diversity of the talent that we recruit to Pie.
Whether It’s Right For You
Pie’s People and Talent teams work out of both Denver and DC, but don’t let the geographical divide fool you. This incredibly collaborative team is in tight, constant communication. Sitting in Denver, you will be a trusted partner to our Head of People and Talent and will work across the leadership team as we scale to 100+ team members by the end of 2019. This position will require some travel between Denver and DC.
You will be joining our team in downtown Denver, specifically LoDo within walking distance from Union Station. Everything we do is connected, but we each have different roles. That means we need you to bring strong in-house recruiting leadership experience with an inclination toward sourcing and technology. We also need you to be willing and able to take on special projects from time to time. We are a start-up. All hands and minds are needed.
Our team is looking for an experienced manager. We expect you’ll have bring 8 years of progressive recruiting experience with 2 of those years of experience leading an in-house team. Having previous experience working in a high-growth, venture backed start-up would be ideal in this position. Of course, you’ll also need certain skills and abilities to do the work.
The Day to Day
- Hire, engage, motivate and lead internal and agency recruiting partners for the execution of day-to-day sourcing and recruiting efforts. You will need to be open to feedback and feel comfortable providing feedback to others.
- Constantly cultivate an environment for the team to provide a best-in-class recruiting experience for all prospects, candidates, and hiring leaders.
- Understand and work with recruiting data to identify opportunities for efficiency and quality improvements within the recruiting process.
- Work with the Head of People and Talent to develop Pie's employment brand and manage recruitment marketing efforts, including the month-to-month spend.
- Collaborate across teams to develop and nurture best practices. Develop and deliver training and communication around best practices.
- Find creative ways to balance competing priorities and maintain positive outlook when priorities shift frequently, which is inevitable in a startup.
- Handle day-to-day tasks associated with end to end recruiting process.
- Take on new challenges and develop and implement solutions with minimal guidance.
The Right Stuff
- Recruiting Experience: 8+ years of recruiting experience, ideally in progressively challenging roles. Prior experience in an early stage, hyper growth startup is strongly preferred. Experience maintaining the status quo won't be enough.
- Leading Teams: You enjoy leading others. You don't shy away from accountability and lean into coaching to raise everyone's game. A minimum of 2 years of leading a high performing team with direct people management experience in-house.
- Industry Knowledge: Industry experience in FinTech, specifically Insurtech, or other areas of financial services would be ideal. We also encourage candidates with experience in a small business (SMB) services and/or technology companies.
- Hunting Mindset: A strong orientation around direct sourcing for the best talent and experience training recruiters in sourcing techniques. Knowledge of sourcing approaches and technologies outside of LinkedIn.
- Data Orientation: Your ATS is the team's source of truth. You use data - from your ATS, LinkedIn Recruiter, your budget - to make informed decisions and enhance processes. Experience with Lever preferred but not required.
- Influence: Experience collaborating with and influencing business partners at all levels. An understanding of how to work with executives and manage up to their needs, given their complex calendars and limited time.
- Adaptability: You can work with anyone. Even the most challenging searches and hiring leaders won't shut you down. You can thrive in ambiguity and have the flexibility to quickly pivot as needs and priorities change.
- Speed: At Pie, you'll experience a high volume of context switching. You'll need to maintain speed in your work to keep Pie on pace with our hiring targets. This will demand ruthlessly prioritization so you invest your time and attention where it's most needed.
Working at Pie
- You expect to challenge others and to be challenged.
- Your communication style is candid and compassionate.
- You share your knowledge. We aren’t here to compete with one another; we are in it to win it, together.
- You share our passion for the small business community.
We're building Pie for the next generation of small businesses. Our team is on a mission to make workers’ compensation less expensive, simpler, and more transparent. Easy as pie, in fact.
Founded in 2017, Pie is a fast-growing insurtech startup with home offices in Washington, DC, and Denver, CO. Pie offers an incredible career opportunity where you can use your expertise to disrupt an industry and serve the SMB community. Invest your time doing meaningful work in a fast-paced environment where your contribution will have an immediate impact.
Pie, backed by trusted global insurer Sirius Group, continues to expand nationwide in 2019 as we scale our team and operations. Want a slice? In return for your commitment to us, you’ll get a piece of Pie in the form of stock options. At Pie, we’re invested in you, and you in us.
Read Full Job Description